Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

2 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Have you ever smelt the dog breath of a mainland Chinese woman? It would give you the fikkin boak.

should have gone for the little Taiwanese one... off shore fish is always fresher

• Haha 1

The negativity comes from a few bad apples which you see on tour buses.  Many others are indistinguishable from Thai Chinese, as they are well dressed and well mannered.  Sat in a restaurant, now closed, while the western owner berated those from China.  One of her regular customers was a Chinese girl working at the UN.  There were several other tourists she had mistaken for Thais.  It was not her finest hour. 

• Thanks 1

While it's certainly unfair to generalize about a whole nation of peoples, I have experienced the deplorable Chinese tourists firsthand.  Most are fine, but some can be loud, rude, inconsiderate, and just plain bad manners.  I've heard that some of these Chinese in big tour groups are traveling abroad for the first time and behave as they would back home because they don't know any better.  They don't even realize that they're behaving badly.   But with nearly 2 billion Chinese worldwide, they will be hard to avoid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

thai girls are beautiful the problem lays with farang wanting to rescue the ugliest girl in the village.
Yet to see a Thai wife that is a head turner but often described as a stunner by the farang hubby's.. big rose colored glasses right there

5555555...harsh but true.  I think the OP confirms this with his opening post.

• Like 1

About spending money in Thailand by the different tourist groups...

THAILAND TourismExpenditurePerDay(2016).gif

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

While it's certainly unfair to generalize about a whole nation of peoples, I have experienced the deplorable Chinese tourists firsthand.  Most are fine, but some can be loud, rude, inconsiderate, and just plain bad manners.  I've heard that some of these Chinese in big tour groups are traveling abroad for the first time and behave as they would back home because they don't know any better.  They don't even realize that they're behaving badly.   But with nearly 2 billion Chinese worldwide, they will be hard to avoid. 

Mainly correct; But we forget that we, Farang, are spoiled having been able to go on holiday abroad since we were youngsters, enjoying foreign cultures and countries. 

The Chinese did not and suffered badly in the past century, VERY bad; what they had to endure, nobody here on TV experienced the same hardship.

Most youngsters until 1978/1979 were sent to the countryside to work in the fields, helping with the harvest of crops. The amazing thing is that city kids were mostly enjoying, working in the fields, believe it or not since it was a wonderful escape from the hard life in the cities, back in the 20th century.

It takes time for bad behaving (countryside) Chinese to learn better rules and cultures but it's just a minority that behaves badly. It's also the bad people that always attract the attention.

If a foreigner, from any country in the world, behaves badly, it's news but we don't hear nor see about the nice and correct behaving people in that country

Like everywhere else: The silent majority is not seen nor heard.

But, I know, its a kind of sport on TV to bash upon China/Chinese by negative posters but it says more about them than Chinese since Chinese don't bash on TV since they're aren't here; they are just coming to Thailand to see this wonderful, special country and spend money and enjoy their holidays :smile:

If one would change the word "China" in the bashing posts into US, New Zealand, Australia, UK, Holland, Scandinavia or other, we would face a storm of protests by the countrymen here on board and the topic wouldn't last very long :wink:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Very bad indeed and another bashing Chinese example as well.

Very bad organised by the Hotel or Restaurant as well.

If these people had the experience in previous days that this was the last opportunity to get food, I would fight for my food as well.

If the restaurant would organise better, like boarding a plane: rows 50-70 first, than 30-50 etc. then there is no hurry and no fight, but if this is the last food available and you've been sitting in a [email protected]@dy bus all day and hungry, knowing no more food will be coming, you get this kind of nasty behaviour.

We went 3 times to a Hot Pot restaurant in the past 3 weeks with a self serving buffet; no problem at all and many people come and go al the time to have more food because the food is added in a constant stream, served by kitchen staff.

NO problem, whatsoever.

Mai pen rai

Bad organisation.

• Thanks 1