Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
davidst01

Que for Ozzies in Thailand. Do you think the THB/AUD will go down?

I'm worried about being in the same situation as the Brit's with their poor exchange rate. 

I just read this article re an Investment banks opinion

http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/currencies/australian-dollar-to-slide-to-65-us-cents-in-2019-says-morgan-stanley-20171120-gzpeev.html

If it slides to 65c  does it mean that when we send money over to Thailand we get less. 

Is it best to send wads of money over here now just in case whilst the rate is good?

thanks

Relax and don’t fret over it.

Even at 65c US it still goes a long way in Asia, you still get plenty of bang for your buck. If and when the ass drops out of it just adjust your living standard to suit.

Worry about what is now... not what might be.

• Like 2

Not worth worrying about ....  you can't change it and it certainly not worth sending thousands of dollars just to get in any earlier.

AUD $1   =   24.80      :shock1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Actually the AUD $ is 75.35 US$   and looking for a correction anyday now.

I'm seeing a .75 - .76  over the next month.

and AUD$   26  -  27  vs   THB

• Haha 1

I would say Auss is heading for a depression due to many companies re-organising their business strategies & the multi national mining/oil ones now done with Auss

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Every foreign curency is getting wery week against THB now..whats going on over there

Grabbing the bull by the horns, when will the Aussie $ go up?

Silly question

1 hour ago, stigar said:

Every foreign curency is getting wery week against THB now..whats going on over there

I haven't got a crystal ball but a few things... Thailand exports have been growing better than expected.. one of the best performers in SE Asia.. attracting investment,, also a lot of money coming into the country for big ticket items.. fast rail etc... Australia's economy is stagnant.. at best.. probably going backwards.. jobs created but part time not full time.. instability in the ratshit LNP government doesn't help.. uncertainty in the switch to renewable energy is slowing growth in that area.. manufacturing continues to go off shore...  Brexit is a drag on the UK... uncertainty in Germany is now a worry.. for a long time the most stable economy in Europe.. in spite of Trump the US is showing some growth..  Have I missed anything?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Grabbing the bull by the horns, when will the Aussie $ go up?

Silly question

A wild guess.. when Labor gets back into government and stimulates the economy.. sorts out some of the f**** ups the LNP has created .. creates some certainty in transition to renewable energy.. and tackles economic policy rather the the soap opera that the LNP have been pursuing... Australia needs leadership on the economy instead of fighting over gay marriage and spreading fear of immigrants .. the neo-liberals need to be killed and cremated for the sake of progress.. the whole trickle down philosophy has been totally discredited.. time to move on.. could happen sooner than later... maybe..

• Like 1