Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Minsitry probes official’s role in hit-run case

Recommended Posts

Minsitry probes official’s role in hit-run case

By The Nation

 

e4a1b2bd27d0998ebe9be448c99dd605.jpeg

Pol Colonel Dusadee Arawuit

 

The Justice Ministry has launched an investigation into allegations that one of its senior officials had approved “questionable” efforts to clear the name of a hit-and-run convict.

 

Targeted in the probe is the ministry’s deputy permanent secretary, Pol Colonel Dusadee Arawuit, for his decision to help former teacher Jomsap Saenmuangkhot seek a retrial over the fatal road accident for which she was convicted and jailed. 

 

Dusadee has now admitted that he knew that Sap Wapi – a man who claimed that he was responsible for the road death – had failed a lie-detector test.

 

“We have already set up a fact-finding committee,” the ministry’s permanent secretary Wisit Wisitsora-at said on Tuesday. 

 

The move is in response to a complaint filed by the Help Crime Victims Club.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332156

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very quiet from the front that claimed here that justice was a joke when they refused the teacher a retrial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, webfact said:

Dusadee has now admitted that he knew that Sap Wapi – a man who claimed that he was responsible for the road death – had failed a lie-detector test.

The deputy permanent secretary of the justice ministry knew this?

 

Some might conclude that justice really is a joke here...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

A committee.....that should sort it.

Ahem, sub committes, investigation officers etc etc

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The deputy permanent secretary of the justice ministry knew this?

 

Some might conclude that justice really is a joke here...

Bluespunk, you may say that, but I suspect you are correct. Although I will not express a view, due to posting restrictions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, webfact said:

Dusadee has now admitted that he knew that Sap Wapi – a man who claimed that he was responsible for the road death – had failed a lie-detector test.

 

31 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The deputy permanent secretary of the justice ministry knew this?

 

Some might conclude that justice really is a joke here...

Of course, it's not impossible that the deputy permanent secretary of the justice ministry made an error of judgement, but he was right not to base his judgement on a "failed" polygraph test.

 

"Justice" really would be a joke if people gave any credence (let alone evidential value) to lie detector tests.  They are about as reliable as psychic readings or dream interpretations.

 

Good for the Jerry Springer audience only.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

 

Of course, it's not impossible that the deputy permanent secretary of the justice ministry made an error of judgement, but he was right not to base his judgement on a "failed" polygraph test.

 

"Justice" really would be a joke if people gave any credence (let alone evidential value) to lie detector tests.  They are about as reliable as psychic readings or dream interpretations.

 

Good for the Jerry Springer audience only.

 

 

Lie detector tests are indeed suspect. 

 

My post should be read in the light of the post that went before it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

A committee.....that should sort it.

Yep that's true lets all go out and find another Trustworthy committee, good luck with that one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, webfact said:

Dusadee has now admitted that he knew that Sap Wapi – a man who claimed that he was responsible for the road death – had failed a lie-detector test.

Sack the lying scum-bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 14 December 2017 05:44
Sponsors
×