webfact

Broke American Man Complains He Can’t Afford Dowry For Young Thai Girlfriend

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I get it but even within that realistic context there's something particularly unpleasant about the attitude of the lady in the story. Yes she should bolt but she should have done that already.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah I agree it's a bit mercenary but I suspect it would be a lot different if the guy was young, good-looking with a job capable of supporting the normal life she clearly wants.

There has to be some sort of compensation for taking on the guy in the story.

He's a train wreck - from her point of view she sees a life of hardship ahead if she marries this fool so she's happy to let it be known that she'll leg it at the first opportunity.

Edited by Thai Ron
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

'There, he met Annie, a 24-year-old bar singer who would soon be his fiancée.''

Explains her good English , must have ripped off a lot of Americans in the past . She even speaks sometimes with an "accent". 

Edited by balo

21 hours ago, GuiseppeD said:

David doesn't look heterosexual to me, but that's just my opinion.

i got the same feeling .....

If he dont have money best he forget about her because its just going to a be a nightmare with constant pressure from she to send money back home to mama an dada for every excuse in the book , (oldest game in the Thai manual to play the daughter for every baht they can get) well <deleted> that shat!

Married to my lady for 15 yrs now and we seen all the Thai culture we could handle so we cut it all out including the Thai family up in <deleted> isaan.

Ahhh life is now bliss.

21 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

''There, he met Annie, a 24-year-old bar singer who would soon be his fiancée.''

Right. Ok. 

that lady/fiancee has not seen "24" in quite a few years .

12 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

But you probably came to Thailand as a young hunsum man....Poor Dave on the other hand had to endure the misfortune of living in USA.

hey ...... i represent that ... deeply     

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

No Money!

No Honey!

:passifier:

at least 33 year old honry

David Toborowsky is not jobless , he works in Kentucky as Health Policy Advisor at Commonwealth of Kentucky.

linkedin.com/in/david-toborowsky-513b554

https://realityblurb.com/2017/11/06/90-day-fiance-chris-and-nikki-respond-to-backlash-thai-massage-request-to-annie/

This is just a reality TV show and I am sure David can afford whatever happens next . 

Edited by balo

Maybe it's just me.... But I can never take this Thai women serious..... Some men really need to slow down and be honest with themselves and look at what these girls are actually offering.. which really isn't much...  you got to give up 7000 USD for a Thai chick up front for her... and then drop another few 100,000 baht to her family.... Give me a <deleted> break.... This Chubby <deleted!> was selling pussy in Bangkok somewhere before you meet her... 

I think he should have spent a bit more time looking around for Thai ladies before he proposed. Try a few of the dating sites and get to know a lady before you arrive. At least if they can write and send e mails they have some skills.A lady around his age would also be a lot more suitable. I'm not sure if the young lady has children or wants them. Its possible that he doesn't as he has a tribe already.May have even had the snip? The warning sign was also there in the form of tattoos!!! All this is common sense but as we all know this is often left behind in our home countries or when besotted and in lust/love!!!

I think she has a point !

Sounds like he has been a looser all his life....... She will not change that

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Always thought majority of foreigners in Thailand have a screw loose

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I dont have to be in thailand to have a screw loose

• Like 1