Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Tearful Kobkarn plays up her "quality tourism" achievements as chop looms

Tearful Kobkarn plays up her "quality tourism" achievements as chop looms

4pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Minister of tourism and sports Kobkarn Watanavarangul burst into tears when reporters suggested she was facing the axe in PM Prayut's cabinet reshuffle, reported Independent News Network.

The embattled minister had just outlined all the reasons why she had done such a good job over the last three years - though she regretted that safety concerns for visitors still needed addressing.

The minister who famously said she was going to do away with the sex industry last year said that she had given the job her all saying that she had improved the image of tourism in Thailand and shown its quality to the world.

She also said she had shown the connection of tourism and sports and engaged the public and operators in a spirit of cooperation.

Though she admitted that safety was still a concern - personally, she would like to see zero accidents and no deaths of tourists.

Following her weekly briefing she burst into tears when reporters questioned her about claims that she has already cleared her desk at the ministry.

"I am happy to serve," she said, "and am thankful for the opportunity. I have given it everything I could".

She said that she hadn't cleared out her things - the car she uses on ministerial business is her own, she said.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-24

The same old image, I would suggest is an image that while maybe true is an image held by us the expats and frequent visitors and not the tourists. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The minister who famously said she was going to do away with the sex industry

Maybe she ran into an obstacle had more power and influence than her...

• Like 1

Kobkarn Watanavarangul burst into tears

.......that actually brought a tear to my glass eye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Wow! After all that, I think she deserves a break!

Nothing but buzzwords. My boss does the same thing at the work. Goes for work to Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, etc, and comes back with buzzwords. Her mostly untrained and uneducated staff do nothing but repeat the words and forget them quickly. Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1