webfact

Thanks for the memories - tearful sacked tourism minister goes online after PM boots her out

18 hours ago, JoePai said:

Can anyone say how she actually got the job in the first place  ?

ehh.... hum i wish i was in dixie double  fast .......now you know .

18 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

And the "great love of sports" for many Thais is actually restricted to betting on it; or maybe an occasional evening round of takraw. That's about it. 

Thai love racing though, on motocycles in busy traffic without helmet or lights or licenseplate....

17 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I personally can't hold back my tears.

oh stop ....ahhahaha haha ....it hurts ...ha haha ha ....please stop ....hha haha haha cant take it  anymore , haha haha haha , gunna pee my pants hahaha 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If she was doing such a wonderful job, perhaps she can explain why she got sacked? That normally happens when you are failing badly.

Wasn't she the one who promoted that silly Pokémon game  :partytime2:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, smew said:

Actually during her tenure: Thailand beaches got dirtier, more garbage all around, more Chinese high end tourists who spend zero (0) baht other than cheap prearranged meals, crime against tourists increased dramatically.

So,  again, what did she really do in her 3 years ?

A lot of talk but no action.

wasn't she the one that was pushing getting pokemon go to get special thai characters in it?

17 hours ago, Thailand said:

Yingluck does it better with more style.

She's no Yingluck that's for sure.

The higher a man rises, the greater the tendency of those around him to express respect for the position of office, but not always for the person in that position.  As a person becomes accustomed to high status, often the tendency is to become haughty and arrogant.  When this happens, people may continue to pay lip service, but they will gradually lose respect for the person and cease to admire him.  When this happens to a leader, he becomes unable to motivate people or to exert strong leadership.

However high the position, a leader must not lose a sense of humility.  Indeed, the higher he rises, the more vital it is that a leader retains humility.  A humble leader earns genuine respect in those he encounters, rather than demanding respect based on rank alone.  People are grateful for a lack of pomposity and appreciate courtesy from above.  A humble leader also listens to what people say, and so is able to gather information from many sources.

This is the message behind the Japanese proverb "The heaviest ears of rice bow the lowest".

KONOSUKE MATSUSHITA - Founder of Panasonic

• Like 2

So... no more 'tourist numbers up this quarter', 'xx% year-on-year increase', 'we will have xxx million visitors next year' type reports?