Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 13 December 2018 17:07
Dario

Anyone using FarangBox?

I stumbled over a website called farangbox dot com. The provider offers more than 5'000 TV channels from around the world for as little as 3'900 Baht/year, that's 325 Baht/month. Very cheap compared to the two accounts combined I have now with TrueVision. I'm tired of their service and the same stupid commercials all the time. Farangbox also offers Swiss channels, nice to watch once in a while as a native from Switzerland. Is there anyone here who has a subscription with them? Or woud I be better off to install Kodi on the Android box I'm about to order and get those channels for free? Or would I have to sign up  anyway with some provider? Would anyone be so kind and enlighten me? Thanks in advance for any positive input!

Edited by Dario

On 11/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, Dario said:

Or woud I be better off to install Kodi on the Android box I'm about to order and get those channels for free?

You'd be better off installing Kodi yourself and testing their 12 hours free trial and letting us know how it is?

I have never heard of them until you mentioned here. You will be lucky to find similar channel selections available for free from anywhere to use on Kodi as most reliable way is thro subscription service of this kind that has load balancing. If you like it and want to pay I'd only go for minimum period as any service brazen enough to advertise openly on web like this could attract attention methinks.

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

You'd be better off installing Kodi yourself and testing their 12 hours free trial and letting us know how it is?

I have never heard of them until you mentioned here. You will be lucky to find similar channel selections available for free from anywhere to use on Kodi as most reliable way is thro subscription service of this kind that has load balancing. If you like it and want to pay I'd only go for minimum period as any service brazen enough to advertise openly on web like this could attract attention methinks.

I will do that and let you know. What bothers me with farangbox is: no reply for more than 24 hours on their LINE account, no physical address, no phone number, all this raises red flags/ Also, if you want to become a reseller, you have to buy a seller's package for over 6'000 THB. Here's some of the LINE conversation I had with farangbox the day before yesterday:

19:03 Dario How am I sure that after 12 months things are still working and you haven't left?
19:03 Dario Sorry to ask this question. I'm a Swiss national.
19:09 FarangBox Well, we will still be around because we are not based in Thailand. We are based in Europe, in a country where IPTV is legal. So, we will not be forced to shut down or restricted by the government here.

By the way, we have our own box too, if you are interested. The box + 1 year subscription costs THB9900.

What do you think? 3'900 Baht/year is tempting, though ...

1 hour ago, Dario said:

We are based in Europe, in a country where IPTV is legal. So, we will not be forced to shut down or restricted by the government here

Didn't know lala land was a country in Europe

Have been using Farangbox in both Thailand and overseas for nearly 1 year now, excellent service, channel selection and price. Only issue I had in Thailand was with my TOT  internet their international download speed and latency is useless even though I had the top package, hence I had constant freezing. Farangbox needs a pretty good internet connection with download speed around 15 Mbps so after doing some research I changed my ISP to AIS and subscribed to their 200 Mbps download / 100 Mbps upload package, never had any problem since. 

Why not try the free trial and give it a go.

There are stacks of these companies out there, so try a few.

3 hours ago, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

Have been using Farangbox in both Thailand and overseas for nearly 1 year now, excellent service, channel selection and price. Only issue I had in Thailand was with my TOT  internet their international download speed and latency is useless even though I had the top package, hence I had constant freezing. Farangbox needs a pretty good internet connection with download speed around 15 Mbps so after doing some research I changed my ISP to AIS and subscribed to their 200 Mbps download / 100 Mbps upload package, never had any problem since. 

I asked for a free trial via his LINE account about 2 months ago. Several times He never answered. The only contact with this 1 man show is via his LINE account but it seems dead now. He doesn't give a phone number and he doesn't disclose where he lives. Raises red flags for me.

On 13/01/2018 at 2:33 PM, Dario said:

I asked for a free trial via his LINE account about 2 months ago. Several times He never answered. The only contact with this 1 man show is via his LINE account but it seems dead now. He doesn't give a phone number and he doesn't disclose where he lives. Raises red flags for me.

Try using the email link below, I always get timely response, they are based in Hong Kong

[email protected]

13 hours ago, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

Not for 89 euro per year there aint!

Yes there is.

Flawless is even cheaper.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 5:57 PM, SirBuwanaDogbossKing said:

Try using the email link below, I always get timely response, they are based in Hong Kong

[email protected]

Thank you very much! I have sent him a message via this email address. Stupid I didn't look for that address...

Are you happy with the TV programs you can get? And how is the quality?

The most pertinent question is not price but wether it has a playback option.

With the time difference to europe or the us you will end up watching awful tv if it only has a live option.