Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Isaan Love Triangle: Thai Men Found Lacking By Farang-Loving Women

On 07/12/2017 at 5:49 PM, Artisi said:

Would a trip to budget spec's help you 😁

I agree.  So she is not a Nordic blond.  He should be there not here.  I think most of us find her quite attractive without even experiencing her personality, which I am sure is as sunny as her smile.  (Trying not to sound like a dirty old man.)  But she looks a sweetie.

Edited by The Deerhunter

On 11/30/2017 at 2:54 PM, Berkshire said:

Funny quote....is it about the money or not?

[“We’re done with Thai men,” Patcharin said she was told by one of the Thai wife’s mothers, who had encouraged her daughter to divorce her Thai husband and marry a foreigner. “It’s not just about money, but they’re unfaithful and always cheating on women. They don’t take responsibility for their family, and never have enough money to take care of their wife and kids.”]

Hmmm, yeah, I'd say it's about the money.

My sympathy lies with the Thai men because without much of an education and skill how much can they earn to give to wife and children? So being depressed they drink and it makes the problem worse after they drink. One thing leads to another.

Even as a skilled worker (carpenter or plumber) they still earn a limited income. Thailand is not Ozzie-land where a Plumber or Mechanic quote you his rate for an hour's job ok?

So all these women want easy life with plenty of money to buy prada shoes no? The wives of some military government(not Thailand government) flew to Hong Kong and got their hair done and did some shopping too. All these thai women should aspire to marry some military generals not farang. You not only get money you get prestige too. Farangs wearing short pants and flip flop don't convey an impression on the society.

3 minutes ago, madusa said:

My sympathy lies with the Thai men because without much of an education and skill how much can they earn to give to wife and children? So being depressed they drink and it makes the problem worse after they drink. One thing leads to another.

Even as a skilled worker (carpenter or plumber) they still earn a limited income. Thailand is not Ozzie-land where a Plumber or Mechanic quote you his rate for an hour's job ok?

So all these women want easy life with plenty of money to buy prada shoes no? The wives of some military government(not Thailand government) flew to Hong Kong and got their hair done and did some shopping too. All these thai women should aspire to marry some military generals not farang. You not only get money you get prestige too. Farangs wearing short pants and flip flop don't convey an impression on the society.

Your last sentence is spot on.  The "stigma" carries on to this day, not because Thais are prudish or racist about Thai/farang relationships, but because said couples are typically not impressive specimens.  On both sides.  Even with the potential for significant improvement in their financial status, very few Thai women are standing in line to snare a farang.  The ones that are seem to be more desperate and the bottom of the barrel.  Sad really, because many of the Thais that I know in a relationship with a farang does so NOT because he's a farang, but because he's a good man.  The farang-hunters will give these women a bad rep.