Jump to content
Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 13 December 2018 06:12
webfact

Chiang Mai makes preparations for 2018's haze hazards

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Why didnt you call the number ?

The number is there for you to call , if you call that number , they will (in theory) come and put the fire out and take action against who ever started it .

Quite funny, these "in theory" folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Quite funny, these "in theory" folks.

It does actually work .

The fire brigade do attend and put fires out and the authorities find out who owns the field and take action .

   If the field is deep in the mountains with no road access , they probably will not be able to attend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good time to live in, tour around and spend money in another place that doesn't burn.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, sanemax said:

Why didnt you call the number ?

The number is there for you to call , if you call that number , they will (in theory) come and put the fire out and take action against who ever started it .

Yes.  And the farmer / landowner, and every one in my village will know it was me who called the number to report him.... can you imagine that would make my life easy to live here?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes.  And the farmer / landowner, and every one in my village will know it was me who called the number to report him.... can you imagine that would make my life easy to live here?

How would they know that it was you ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sanemax said:

How would they know that it was you ?

 

Because living in a village it is impossible to keep anything secret here. 

 

Someone calling up the number and speaking in English, or in Thai with an English accent, from the area where they are reporting the burning...  and I am one of only a handful of farangs living in that area. Won't take them long to put 2 and 2 together.  

 

My point is that from the hundreds of Thai people driving past the burning every day..  not one will call the number... as they are not bothered by it.. they would not care if they were breathing in deadly toxic fumes... too lazy and / or ignorant to do anything about it.  So if the Thai population does not care.. even when they are coughing and sneezing.. or ending up in hospital with breathing problems.... I can't see how drawing up more and more plans to prevent the burning will have any effect.

 

The powers that be either need to get serious and strict with the burning, imposing heavy fines and criminal charges, or they might as well forget about it.  What they are doing at the moment is just making noise... to be seen to be doing something... when in fact they are doing nothing.  Easy way out as usual.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

 

My point is that from the hundreds of Thai people driving past the burning every day..  not one will call the number... as they are not bothered by it..

How do you know that no one called the number and that no one is bothered by it ?

There have been numerous complaints by Thais against the burning and they dislike the pollution just as much as the felangs .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

The powers that be either need to get serious and strict with the burning, imposing heavy fines and criminal charges, or they might as well forget about it.  What they are doing at the moment is just making noise... to be seen to be doing something... when in fact they are doing nothing.  Easy way out as usual.  

There have been the fire brigade out putting fires out , in the north around CM anyway .

If you are too scared to telephone the number that they have asked you to phone when people make fires , its little wonder that they cannot do anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sanemax said:

How do you know that no one called the number and that no one is bothered by it ?

There have been numerous complaints by Thais against the burning and they dislike the pollution just as much as the felangs .

 

But I see and cough up all the smoke every morning.
Where are they to complain? Am I the only one who feels REALLY DISTURBED?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×