Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
1happykamper

At the end of my rope.. I need help

Ah, I didn't know where he was. Good point. There is an airport there, how about a cheap return flight somewhere then? Just trying to be helpful! I mean an under 2000 baht return out-of-country somewhere/anywhere?

The airport is flooded too

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, farcanell said:

My new retirement visa stamp has been reworded.... one must fill out forms and notify immigrations prior to leaving, or end up with a thirty day stamp vs a ninety day stamp, when returning... or so it was explained to me, over a very long hour with Phuket airport immigrations.. (Lineup time not included!!!)

re advise of address... is it not as simple as filling in the box on the entry form?... lol... I hope so, because that’s all I’ve ever done.

A retirement extension of stay (not visa) would indeed require a re-entry permit be bought prior to travel to allow return to use remaining time of current permitted to stay.

5 hours ago, chickenrunCM said:

they can not charge an overstay if he has a non o visa valid, because he is allowed to stay 90 days every time by law. 

There is no such law - the permitted to stay is what the immigration officer provides when you arrive.  People who hold visas are refused entry every day for various reasons.  Visas are issued by a different department of government.  Immigration controls entry and stay in Thailand.

22 hours ago, Mattd said:

That would be a matter of opinion!

In the eyes of immigration, the entry stamp and the information contained within the immigration database is a 30 day entry, so he would in fact be on overstay.

If you get 30 days stamped instead of 90 and even if you have the visa number on the TM6, Non 0 M, in my case, you have to have it corrected at the time, arrival desk, or you can get it corrected in BKK office. BKK Imm' is the only place that can change entries in the data base.

21 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

threatened with a 6.000 baht fine for not turning in my address notice.. I don't have to.. I just re entered on November 8th! Avoid this office!

Good to hear you got it sorted, but you cannot "avoid this office!" at NST if you live there sometimes. I too got hit with the fine threat as soon as I walked in door there for not submitting the TM30 (not a TM47 as your o/p) to indicate I moved into their region. It's supposed to be done within 24 hours of arrival! Just get the house owner (they have them all listed on their db) to sign current date and they will accept it even if it is 2 months after you arrived like I did. Since then we all get on fine and all 4 of those officers came to my house to see if I was OK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Good to hear you got it sorted, but you cannot "avoid this office!" at NST if you live there sometimes. I too got hit with the fine threat as soon as I walked in door there for not submitting the TM30 (not a TM47 as your o/p) to indicate I moved into their region. It's supposed to be done within 24 hours of arrival! Just get the house owner (they have them all listed on their db) to sign current date and they will accept it even if it is 2 months after you arrived like I did. Since then we all get on fine and all 4 of those officers came to my house to see if I was OK.

You had this same treatment at the NST office? Yes.. exactly.. before even looking at my passport.. before even really listening to the issue at hand.. the officer really laid into me.. repeating many times... did I change my address.. we will fine you.. did you register your new address.. he said this probably 10 times.. then mentioned the 6.000 baht fine. Not at all helpful or friendly. which by the way is my first encounter with such a government offcicer.. driving licence, immigration, amphur staff . all helpful and pleasant ...until this chap in my own back garden! I'll bake him a cake next time I say hello. Smile and wave.

21 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

You had this same treatment at the NST office?

Yes, there was one elder man (looked like most senior) and three women officers - this was at the beginning of this year. It was one of the women who gave me the law of the land about submitting a TM30 and fine due when I went there to do a 90 day report on sched. The 90 day was refused without a TM30 first. I pointed out I would go all the way back home and ask the house owner to do a TM30 also as it was the house owners job, not mine and that said house owner would probably date it as on the day submitted as to avoid a fine. I got the silent treatment after that but later on we got on fine.