webfact

Karaoke bar owner in Chiang Mai arrested for allegedly pimping underage girls

30 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

She has her freedom and I take her to visit friends and to school, but to walk by herself in most out areas like in Chiang Mai, I want her to go with someone. So I will rephrase, she needs to go with someone and is not allowed to go alone unless it is like after school and she is meeting me somewhere and there are herds of people around. Rapes and abductions are a common thing in Thailand and my daughter has a very nice look from being 1/2 and 1/2, and yes on a daily basis I do see the Thai men and kids staring at her as she sits on the back of my motorcycle. So I do take a hint.

If this was in the US, same thing. Not allowed. She is protected but not sheltered.

Same with my 19 year old daughter. Allowed no contact with any men outside her university grounds, would not get on a songtaw if she were the only passenger. Keep them safe!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Was in a local village and overheard 'mum' discussing selling her 11 year old daughter to a local brothel when she reached 12. 

Yes, I can understand Thai and yes, I stopped it happening.

Shocking and well done for intervening when many would have chosen not to interfere with something which doesn't concern them. 

Out of curiosity: How did you 'stop it happening' and how did the other party respond to your 'interruption' ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I bought her, wasn't an enormous amount, has lived with my wife and I ever since as our daughter.

Top of her class all the way through CM high school, top of her class now at CM University.

Probably the nicest girl I have ever met in my life, and I am proud she calls me dad.

This is a humbling story...  You have truly made a real and positive difference to someones life....

.... I take my hat off to you MaeJoMTB.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is a humbling story...  You have truly made a real and positive difference to someones life....

.... I take my hat off to you MaeJoMTB.... 

Yeah, is a unique story that has a happy ending. So to speak literally not figuratively. 

On 12/10/2017 at 7:08 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

I bought her, wasn't an enormous amount, has lived with my wife and I ever since as our daughter.

Top of her class all the way through CM high school, top of her class now at CM University.

Probably the nicest girl I have ever met in my life, and I am proud she calls me dad.

You, my friend, are awesome. I dips me lid to you.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 11:46 AM, holy cow cm said:

Are you insinuating that I get young underage girls and am disappointed as now have less? Sorry pal. My Thai/American daughter is almost 15 years old and I am seriously rather protective. She is not allowed to even walk to the store. As for this sort of girl, way back in the old days when prevalent everywhere, I have been in remote places and in places like this before. I just ignore it as was there to drink and sing, not to engage in your subdued fantasy. My statement was purely just that: The girl probably had grievances and took revenge. Period!

If you can speak Thai and have ever been around other than your safe zones, then you would be able to speak.

I was not the one speaking meaningless drivel, fool.

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

I was not the one speaking meaningless drivel, fool.

Calm, down Bill. Your Mr. T impersonation is terrible! I stand by my comment on the girl having a grievance. . 

she was upset so she said something to give the bar owner a problem.all parties knew  she was under age including her parents.now none of them have a job and money for the family 

• Like 1