webfact

Net Idol arrested for e-cigarette faces 5 years saying police treatment "over the top"

The govt. should apply taxes if that makes them happy. The tobacco monopoly seems to have the last word. Lot of moto chais vaping in Pattaya, indescreetly.

Just more profound stupidity.  Was smoking a cigar at a bar and this young Japanese guy asks my why I am smoking E .  He and others are sucking on the devices out in the open.  My reply was regarding the legality, after which everyone started to laugh.  More crazy selective enforcement of dumb laws by a dumb government. 

Why are you complaining, when a "celebrity" gets away because of their so-called status it's not ok, if they use their so-called status to duck the law it's ok. And you complain that the police is actually doing their work. She seemed to have used the sentence "do you know who I am!) , Sorry but that doesn't excuse someone from breaking the law, regardless if you do not agree with it.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

It would be pointless to claim that you did not know the law as a defense. Everyone must know the law and it would be assumed that someone caught with an e-cigarette would know that it was illegal to import them and have them in your possession.

would be interesting to ask any politician to recite all the laws. cant imagine how many foreigners are going to get busted for vaping and what their reaction is going to be, this is going to turn ugly

• Like 1

Am I right that E cigarettes are illegal in the Kingdom but the rest of the World recognises that these cigarettes are widely available in the high street to help people quit smoking if this is correct they need to ensure that all airlines bound for Thailand make passengers aware that it is a very serious offence to bring these inhalers into the country . :(

"Justice for all sides" How does that work exactly? So looking at 5 years for an E cig, would have been better off running over a few innocent bystanders and throwing the offending article in with the dead bodies. Much cheaper, a few wais and on yer way luv!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sadanava said:

Why are you complaining, when a "celebrity" gets away because of their so-called status it's not ok, if they use their so-called status to duck the law it's ok. And you complain that the police is actually doing their work. She seemed to have used the sentence "do you know who I am!) , Sorry but that doesn't excuse someone from breaking the law, regardless if you do not agree with it.

And the peeler replied "do you know who we are?"

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

The question is how she became a "net idol"? Hillarious! Should be jailed only for that.

Well, there's this thing called "the internet", you see....

Same kind of crazy as the drink driving cop killing actress....Anna wotsername..Reese??

They need stories like this. Helps everyone forget about the likes of the Red Bull heir, cops arrested for raping underage children, and others that committed real crimes and still not bought to justice. 

• Like 2

Quote: "... pointless to claim that you did not know the law as a defense. Everyone must know the law..." Unquote.

What they forgot to mention is, this place also practices 'selective enforcement', and this depends on who you know, or who's watching over you.

• Like 2

"Duty cannot be paid on e-cigarettes because they are illegal so having them in your possession is a crime akin to smuggling"

How about making them legal like cigarettes, alcohol, monosodium glutamate, aspartame and just tax it like the other frequently used, common everyday poisons?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absurd - I have lived in Thailand 20 years, speak Thai, live with Thais and this type of absurdity never ceases to amaze me. 

I don’t smoke but E cig are cleaner and safer to others (second hand smoke) the only possible justification is to protect the cigarettes companies and tocacco monopoly 

• Like 1

Would somebody point the part of law where electronic devices running on batteries are illegal imports? Nicotine makes sense, garden variety electronics I doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1