webfact

Hua Hin seafood restaurants, slammed for overcharging, defend their prices

3 minutes ago, Enoon said:

I may be wrong, but given the name of the complainant, Ploynapas Lukthongmak, this particular tourist is already in their own country.

Yep, there she is on Facebook Thailand:

https://th-th.facebook.com/ploynapas.lukthongmak

So what! It stand tourist in the news. Still same stupid, right?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Oh dear! That only missleading thing is comments from the tourists. If you are interested in the price, and can´t see it, then you ask politely for it.
Was that too simple, or can we agree on that?

They went into a seafood place and the meal cost a lot more than they thought it was worth.  It's feedback.  A review.  Not a report of a crime.  And certainly not misleading on the part of the tourists.  Any more than a product review saying that a gadget I bought on Amazon wasn't worth the money I paid for it.

I know I won't be going into that place- based on the information they posted.  That's the beauty of the written language.  I don't have to make the same mistakes if someone was thoughtful enough to write about their mistakes.

Though I can see why we rarely get good information like that here on TVF.  

• Like 2

Oh dear! That only missleading thing is comments from the tourists. If you are interested in the price, and can´t see it, then you ask politely for it.
Was that too simple, or can we agree on that?
Yea after lived here a couple years something I learned is ask for price or get riped. Normaly not a lot of money but they still rip you off if they can.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, impulse said:

They went into a seafood place and the meal cost a lot more than they thought it was worth.  It's feedback.  A review.  Not a report of a crime.  And certainly not misleading on the part of the tourists.  Any more than a product review saying that a gadget I bought on Amazon wasn't worth the money I paid for it.

I know I won't be going into that place- based on the information they posted.  That's the beauty of the written language.  I don't have to make the same mistakes if someone was thoughtful enough to write about their mistakes.

Though I can see why we rarely get good information like that here on TVF.  

Yep, and the stupid thing is that they go in to a place, look at the meny/order food. Not see prices in the menu and not asking for prices. After that be suprised over the prices and make a bad statement about a place. That´s the stupid thing, and you call it good information. Yeah, at least I hope you know how that makes you look.

Edited by Get Real

5 hours ago, BEVUP said:

So why are they complaining if the costs were posted in the menu & had other choices in the area

Or maybe the pricing wasn't fully disclosed 

Prices are shown. Even if not B 450 per person is inline with what they ate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Stupid tourists, again! Complaining. Yeah, if it is so expensive in Thailand, then go home to your own country and eat the food you appearently can afford.

I think Get Real was attempting some humor here. Correct me if I am wrong...

Try Pattaya instead and save money. Plenty of seafood restaurants here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Disneyland prices are extremely public.  But you won't have a clue what the whole day will cost until you've spent the day, bought the food and paid for the drinks and the souvenirs.  Nobody's accusing Disney Corp of anything nefarious.  But a lot of people find out that they didn't get enough bang for the buck and they post to that effect.

Calling them stupid for posting accurate information and adding their impressions is exactly why we don't often get good information here on TVF.  It's not worth the aggravation to try to help other avoid the pitfalls.  No matter how useful the info, there's always some idiot that will call the information (and the messenger) stupid.  Today, you're one of them.  Congratulations.

You just can´t be serious. Thanks for the laugh! :cheesy:

7 hours ago, webfact said:

three large plates of fried rice with prawns

Saw the receipt. Fried rice with prawns: Bt300 a plate.:post-4641-1156693976:

Just got of the plane? Seafood have never been cheap in Hua Hin. The price charged is what every person have always paid.