oldhippy

Suggestions about business class to Europe?

Next year I will be 10 years in Thailand & 10 years married.

That calls for a celebration.

Every year we fly to Europe once or twice, but always second class (or is that 3rd class?).

Maybe to celebrate 10 years this time business class?

Do you advise to fly "real" business class - which airline?

Or would "imitation" business class on Ukraine air, Eurowings or other low cost airline be reasonable?

I am thinking of Turkish - had good experiences with them in 2nd class.

They are rather cheap too, but this may not be the right time to save 200 euro....

Flying to Brussels or nearby.

Any advice is very welcome.

• Like 1

I have flown business twice per year to Thailand from USA.  I was a Star Alliance proponent, but now I suggest going to Google flights between 60 and 30 days of your departure date and getting prices, then decide on the airline. You can also sort of simulate prices by doing dummy bookings 30-60 days out from the search date.

If you book too far in advance you will get screwed.  About all the airlines flying to BKK from Europe are quite good. My last trip was on Austrian with a Sky Chef for business class meal service, complete with white jacket, chef hat and instant read thermometer.

• Like 2

i have very similar question  for "one off" business class flight  bkk-auckland  and return bkk, early july.

for me, the best price is important, plus maximum baggage allowance--stopover no problem.

i am very wary of skyscanner etc---prices usd and lots of unknown addons?? 

any ideas or tips,as above, appreciated..

any excellent travel shops in pattaya/jomtien???

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Most business class is the same - nice, fold down beds, good meals, great service etc but at half the price of most business class airlines I think EVA Airlines offer great value and great service. Whenever I can I use them and have never been disappointed.

Agreed. I've flown them trans-Pacific. But even United is just fine in terms of lie-flat cocoon seats; it's just that their flights are overpriced.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

There is only one airline flying this route direct and that is Thai Air. I travel this two or tree times each year (business class) now for about fifteen years with no complaints. This year they are flying new Dreamliner's and my first one is in about ten days. Any other airline is going to make a much longer journey of it.

what about BA and Eva, same journey time

• Like 1

The terminology 'second class' went out with the arc. It's called Economy. Moving on don't knock low cost, one of the best biz flights I ever had was on FlyDubai now part of Emirates based at Dubai. So Business Class on FD BKK DXB good value, then onward on Emirates in one of their fantastic A380's, a very rewarding experience. Go on treat yourselves. Safe journey.

• Like 1