webfact

Overstaying Brit arrested after death of Pattaya bar girl is convicted rapist on the run from UK police

On 10/01/2018 at 11:20 AM, soalbundy said:

'theory', You don't prosecute someone on theory, I believe that even the Thai police believe in a misadventure.

But you do prosecute on Motive (stolen phone, drug use, fight not wanting to pay a pro) and Opportunity (tick). At best he could hope for would be Manslaughter. Either way I hope he gets what’s coming inside, he better remember the one rule in prison, don’t drop the soap.

10 hours ago, cat handler said:

But you do prosecute on Motive (stolen phone, drug use, fight not wanting to pay a pro) and Opportunity (tick). At best he could hope for would be Manslaughter. Either way I hope he gets what’s coming inside, he better remember the one rule in prison, don’t drop the soap.

i think he will end up paying off the family and the police . end of story.

A girl who works in soi 6 told me,he paid his way out,5 million baht, don’t know how factual she was,

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 2018-01-10 at 10:20 AM, soalbundy said:

'theory', You don't prosecute someone on theory, I believe that even the Thai police believe in a misadventure.

Actually you can -- it is basically what you do when you convict someone on circumstantial evidence.  Each piece of circumstantial evidence on it's own is not enough to convict -- you basically theorize about all the circumstantial evidence and how all together can only lead to one reasonable conclusion.  Like any theory, it can never be proved -- only proved beyond a reasonable doubt....  but if another theory can reasonably explain the situation -- then you have to pick the lesser of the two reasonable explanations ...  (which if it one theory fits and it the in that theory they are innocent - they are found not guilty.

There are a lot of people in prison in western countries -- put their by circumstantial evidence.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

On ‎09‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 5:12 AM, z42 said:

Sounds like a case of drunken naughtiness gone horribly wrong. The bloke obviously stupid for not helping her and fleeing the scene, but maybe he was aware that the local cops' ill repute would likely have him stitched up for something had he stuck around.

And it is sad how Thai suspects are able to cover their faces with hats, sunglasses and surgical masks when they get lifted while this guy's mug is viewable by all and sundry.

RIP to the girl, this guy is toast now and probably not for the reasons he should be. A sad case all round

This guy is certainly not an unfortunate first time criminal despite his young age...

Assumes that your compassion would have been a thought more absent if it was your daughter he brutally raped some years ago...

• Like 1

On 19/01/2018 at 2:36 AM, flynn said:

A girl who works in soi 6 told me,he paid his way out,5 million baht, don’t know how factual she was,

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Comedy platinum because as cat handler says he couldnt even afford to stay legal on the visa front. Clearly selling drugs for an existance as well. Give him a 30 stretch to deter others

On 1/8/2018 at 8:19 PM, lanng khao said:

Greek

your personal preference or the murderers country of origin?

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/15927970.REECE_VELLA__Worcester_man_arrested_over_prostitute_death__still_being_held_by_Thai_police_/

His local paper in the UK is saying he is still locked up in Thailand according to Thai police and evidence is still being collected.

It also notes he has an outstanding warrant in the UK.

• Like 1