BANGKOK 19 November 2018 14:55
webfact

Family ordered off Bangkok-Samui bus because of crying child

24 minutes ago, Thian said:

That's why they should stay home untill they are old enough to sit and keep their mouth.

Is that what your parents did with you?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Is that what your parents did with you?

yes 100%

Or they brought me to grandma and went out themselves.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

And when you fall asleep and snore like a rhino in heat, then we also toss you out in the rain on the side of the road?

Traveling with public transportation means you travel with the public. If you don't like it, arrange your own transportation. 

I don't snore ....   :tongue:     I respect other folks privacy & wanting their peace and quite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thian said:

That's why they should stay home untill they are old enough to sit and keep their mouth.

So, what are you suggesting .

The Family were travelling to the Fathers new job .

Would you suggest that the Father doesnt go to his new job, or that he goes on his own and leaves his Family behind, just so that you will not get disturbed on a bus , should the Child begin to cry

• Like 1

So, what are you suggesting .
The Family were travelling to the Fathers new job .
Would you suggest that the Father doesnt go to his new job, or that he goes on his own and leaves his Family behind, just so that you will not get disturbed on a bus , should the Child begin to cry

EMS child

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/9/2018 at 11:50 AM, steven100 said:

please explain to me that if your child is continually crying at a high pitch for 30 minutes ....   why should other passengers have to endure that  ? .

I think it is generally called compassion and an understanding that most normal functioning humans will at some point have children of their own. So we endure it because one day we might be the parents with a screaming kid. Rather than being self centered and focused on our own wellbeing. 

If a screaming baby, however annoying is the worst the world can throw at you, then you are doing pretty well. 

Personally if a young family trying to get home were causing me such discomfort then I would rather get off the bus, as their need to get home quickly is far greater than mine. Young kids in a petrol station hotel - Good grief, a terrible solution. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, steven100 said:

difficult situation and I feel sorry for the poor guy ....

but have you ever had to put up with a sreaming kid near you on a 8 hr flight   ... 

It's a problem ....     but parents need to take responsibility for their screaming kids.

Not since I started flying EVA Premium Elite on the LAX to Taiwan 13 hour flight about 7 years ago.  That class of seating hasn't had any babies on it on any of my flights.  I did have a miserable cross country USA fligh of like 5 1/2 hours and I had upgraded to premium on Alaska Air.  The lady just let her kid do whatever he want.  He wasn't a baby, just a brat of a few years.  Coach is rough enough but add some screaming kids, and one can understand why infanticide is out there

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Not since I started flying EVA Premium Elite on the LAX to Taiwan 13 hour flight about 7 years ago.  That class of seating hasn't had any babies on it on any of my flights.  I did have a miserable cross country USA fligh of like 5 1/2 hours and I had upgraded to premium on Alaska Air.  The lady just let her kid do whatever he want.  He wasn't a baby, just a brat of a few years.  Coach is rough enough but add some screaming kids, and one can understand why infanticide is out there

One of the worst flights I ever took was about 20 years ago on a Gulf Air flight from Heathrow to Qatar in cattle class. The worst offenders were Arab boys agred from about 9 to 14 or 15 years. They ran riot and no Arab father controlled of disciplined them in any way. The girls were much quieter and far better behaved. That was the way that they were brought up then, though I don't think that much has changed since then.

Edited by billd766
Edited for bad spelling after I had checked and posted it
  • Like 2

same  .....    While I feel for the parents, it is their responsibility to control there own kids,   why should every other paying passenger have to endure the crying or screaming child if it's excessive. 

How do you get them removed on an aeroplane when you are not getting your Beauty sleep

• Haha 1

I hear ya .....    but what's awful about a passenger not wanting a screaming kid near them  ?

It’s annoying for sure and I’ve endured children and baby’s crying on long haul flights for hours on end. I’ve also endured fat smelly beery travellers sitting beside me on a full flight.
I’ll take the screaming baby’s day. At least they don’t choose to teeth or be ill.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, steven100 said:

difficult situation and I feel sorry for the poor guy ....

but have you ever had to put up with a sreaming kid near you on a 8 hr flight   ... 

It's a problem ....     but parents need to take responsibility for their screaming kids.

Exactly how do you stop a kid screaming?