rooster59

Consumer foundation offers legal assistance to customers sued by Mazda

If I were one of the 22 I'd fire a volley @ Mazda/Ford global headquarters and watch as it rolled downhill. 

13 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

My car has a 2.0 litre engine with 225 hp. Runs smooth as silk at all speeds.

not a diesel I suppose?

I've stuck to Toyota in Thailand since 1981 and have had about 3 minor problems over that time in 2 of the 9 or so vehichles; one of which made in Australia.

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

I squeezed 150+hp out of a 1.3  Fiat engine for over  5 years. Motorbike manufacturers  squeeze  200hp out of 1litre  engines

Not a diesel engine I suppose? As I posted earlier but nobody seems to notice this whole issue is about the 1.5 l diesel engine as fitted in some of the Mazda 2 and CX-3 models. I was warned about getting the small diesel engines as quite a few other brands (Subaru) have had problems with them.

The Mazda petrol engines (most of them) are excellent and very fuel efficient.

This highlights the lamentable state of consumer law and enforcement in Thailand. It actually permeates all aspects of consumer righrts from cars to holidays to simple small purchases in stores of electronics and consumer goods of all kinds.

Partly because of the law and partly because of the low expectations of customer service many people have in Thailand.

I wonder if Mazda have considered what this sort of action will do to their international reputation?

• Like 1

I bet the 'bosses' in Japan are furious about Mazda Thailand! Perhaps they should terminate the relationship and get rid of the Thai idiots!

It's a shame, for Mazda, that they're handling this so badly.  They make great cars, certainly those models in Australia, made in Japan.

I've had 5 over the past 15 years, three different models, and they are outstanding cars with great economy, a little behind Honda, but superb finishes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Mazada? :cheesy:

That's that place in Israel where the ancient Israelites held out against the Romans, and then committed suicide to avoid being captured, about 30 BCE..

Oops.......that's Masada!!

• Haha 2

at first I was going to write  Mazda in Tokyo, then I rad that it was mazda in thailand that was raising all the hell!  that is self explanatory! the face stuffand all the other petty things that the thai's seem to hold on to. but the most important thing about this article is that the company does not have to repair any defects? in the civilized world that is called "recall" and in the civilized world you can sue to have your car replaced or repaired if it is within the warranty period. 

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

at first I was going to write  Mazda in Tokyo, then I rad that it was mazda in thailand that was raising all the hell!  that is self explanatory! the face stuffand all the other petty things that the thai's seem to hold on to. but the most important thing about this article is that the company does not have to repair any defects? in the civilized world that is called "recall" and in the civilized world you can sue to have your car replaced or repaired if it is within the warranty period. 

So sad - Thailand NOT 'civilised world'. Boasting about Thai 4.0 does not help either. :coffee1: 

A feudal society still left in its own time warp I think. Sad to see. The "leadership" seems to have very little vision beyond self- aggrandisement! :post-4641-1156693976: