BANGKOK 17 October 2018 04:43
rooster59

Bangkok's Somali refugees persecuted and living in fear

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

In the UK, 60% of asylum applications fail, so last year that was about 15,000 refusals, there were only 6,788 deportations, of course not all of those who seek asylum get deported, many start appeals processes meaning their deportation is delayed and sometimes it takes years, and then there are those who are affluent and who are permitted to stay on other visas, and then those who simply disappear.

"Simply disappear" how? Where?

16 minutes ago, Morch said:

"Simply disappear" how? Where?

They disappear off the radar of the authorities, presumably they find a place to live and a job.

• Like 1

Should saved those ticket money. Refugees my as...

Wow, nothing like a thread on persecuted minorities in a foreign land to bring out all the racists, xenophobes, islamophobes and petty minded bigots from the closet. I guess this is a reflection of the rise of the UKIP-Brexit-Le Pen-Trump phenomenon, and is a sad indictment on the lack of open-mindedness and empathetic human values that festers in certain social sub-groups in many Western nations these days. Broken Britain and utterly trashed and forlorn middle America are two of the most desperate examples of the places that spawn such mindsets, but other countries are not far behind.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, foxboy said:

Unfortunately you will get lambasted for making a statement like this, but what you say is true. The people who migrate away from problem areas are usually the fittest, the smartest, the most dissatisfied and yet the best equipped to stay and make changes to their own country. What they are actually doing is abandoning their countrymen, the weaker, the poorer the less healthy ones who aren't equipped to flee their impoverished nations. So the problems are actually intensified for those left behind. Are we really supposed to encourage this? It doesn't help to solve the fundamental problems, that can only be solved from within.

Africans and others were outraged about Trump's statement "s...hole countries". If Trump is wrong and the countries are the opposite i.e. paradise, why do Somalis, Nigerians etc. run away from paradise?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2018 at 6:09 PM, plachon said:

Wow, nothing like a thread on persecuted minorities in a foreign land to bring out all the racists, xenophobes, islamophobes and petty minded bigots from the closet. I guess this is a reflection of the rise of the UKIP-Brexit-Le Pen-Trump phenomenon, and is a sad indictment on the lack of open-mindedness and empathetic human values that festers in certain social sub-groups in many Western nations these days. Broken Britain and utterly trashed and forlorn middle America are two of the most desperate examples of the places that spawn such mindsets, but other countries are not far behind.

like most lefties you cant see reality. get out and take off the rose glasses and you might see it.

at least read your own 'signature' words - that would be a start.

• Like 2

I just don't care I just happy their not come to my country so meny problem with migrants 

Meaby I am racist but go home and fix your country not sit and benefits of other people and country 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nah, I read it as the truth.

Well done, you take second place. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I just don't care I just happy their not come to my country so meny problem with migrants 

Meaby I am racist but go home and fix your country not sit and benefits of other people and country 

I agree with you. Most of Europe is awash with migrants who pretend to be refugees. What do the Somalis live on in Bkk?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

I agree with you. Most of Europe is awash with migrants who pretend to be refugees. What do the Somalis live on in Bkk?

So true but many people live in denial about it.