BANGKOK 10 December 2018 16:08
waxpro

Where to get a Laptop can run dual operating systems in BKK?

16 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Thank you for the info. I do have an Intel i5 NUC 'spare' which I only use as a media centre, so will give it a go. I use Sonar Platinum so must look around for alternative. Cheers.

My main desktop is an i5 NUC. Easy to pack up and go when the itch arises.

Most Linux install instructions are pretty good these days but feel free to ask if you have issues.

5 minutes ago, jmd8800 said:

My main desktop is an i5 NUC. Easy to pack up and go when the itch arises.

Most Linux install instructions are pretty good these days but feel free to ask if you have issues.

Yeh, NUCs are really good. Wonder why I have a bloody great tower sitting on my desk. I guess they are the gubbins of a laptop in a small box. Thru my 60 inch Samsung telly and M-Audio speakers..........wow. I have Googled music production software, and it looks like there are loads out there. Only problem is that at my age,????, the learning curve has flattenned out a bit.

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Yeh, NUCs are really good. Wonder why I have a bloody great tower sitting on my desk. I guess they are the gubbins of a laptop in a small box. Thru my 60 inch Samsung telly and M-Audio speakers..........wow. I have Googled music production software, and it looks like there are loads out there. Only problem is that at my age,????, the learning curve has flattenned out a bit.

There are loads of software out there in the Linux world. But for now stick with the better known applications. There is a lot of crap softare and sometimes ven decent software that has not been updated for years.

Accept the default install of the media apps on Ubuntu Studio. That would be a good place to start.

That is always the issue .... learning curve. You would find a similar learning curve going from Apple to Windows or Windows to Apple.

• Like 1