BANGKOK 18 November 2018 23:06
Scott

SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I should also have added, that two of the ISIS men had made it to Finland, giving validity to Trump's caution to the U.S. and Allies, that a more thorough vetting process should be used when dealing with refugees. Please don't get me started on the Iran Deal and other poor foreign policy decisions made by the previous administration.

1 hour ago, beechguy said:

And you are still missing the point, if things had been done correctly, ISIS never would have had that territory, Obama gave it them, most coming through Turkey and Syria. Your inexperience with Arab culture is showing, at some point you don't ask, you show some leadership, and tell them what is going to happen, even if it is their country. As to civilian loses, what do you think was happening to those people while Obama was sitting on his hands? They were being raped, tortured, and executed by the thousands. 

This incident happened just down the road from where I was at in 2010. When I departed, things were going reasonably good, businesses opened again, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Camp_Speicher_massacre

Why do you think Trump is so popular in Saudi, Israel, and other countries in the Middle East. Look at the current situation with Saudi and Canada.

Any you are still missing the point that Trump campaigned on the promise to not get involved in nation building and foreign wars--he would have done the same.  You are also ignoring the fact that Obama pulled out of Iraq because the government was making demands that no responsible President would agree to, that US personnel in Iraq be subject to Iraqi laws and Iraqi justice.  Would you have worked there under these conditions?

Trump is popular with autocrats everywhere; they know he is like minded and easily manipulated.

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

The US military was making good progress against ISIS before Trump took office.  ISIS lost over half its territory before Trump took office.  The ISIS retreat didn't begin with Trump, even though Trump pretends it did.  Stick with the facts.

The simple fact is that if it had been left to US forces, ISIS would still be there now.

The Russians entered the fray and cleared the lot out in no time flat.

Oh boy.  Imagine if US and Russia joined forces.  What a mighty nation that would be.  I can't think of a better pairing.

15 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Oh boy.  Imagine if US and Russia joined forces.  What a mighty nation that would be.  I can't think of a better pairing.

Putin would love that, because Putin would be the one in charge.

• Haha 1