Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 November 2018 05:29
webfact

Woman dies tangled in mosquito net in Uttaradit house fire

Recommended Posts

Woman dies tangled in mosquito net in Uttaradit house fire

By The Nation

 

aeb4083055ec817f8df1a5331f8e0718.jpeg

 

A woman was killed and her husband severely injured when their two-storey wooden house in Uttaradit’s Lablae district was engulfed in fire on Thursday morning.

 

Police said Niyada Kongnoon, 41, was killed while she was sleeping on the second floor of their home in Tambon Thungyung. Her husband managed to escape the fire but was severely injured. The couple were still sleeping at 8am when the fire broke out, after having worked late-night shifts for several consecutive nights.

 

d83a59351a5937749ac7e63401dd50ba.jpeg

 

Fire fighters took about an hour to put out the blaze.

 

The woman's father, Yom Kongnoon, 71, told police that he was cooking on the ground floor when he heard an explosion and rushed to see fire spreading from a wall plug where an electric fan had been plugged in.

 

773ea7ccbd94e75c0156e41b793be392.jpeg

 

The fire was spreading fast as he shouted to the other two, but did not manage to awaken them before the mosquito net over their bed caught on fire.

 

Yom said his daughter tried to escape but was entangled in the fast-burning mosquito net.

 

0c98352a686ad7533a5329449a2f1870.jpeg

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30337696

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Never thought about it but i guess that's a vote for using Deet and skipping the mosquito net.

 

RIP to the victim and  fast recovery wishes to the husband.

 

Edited by watcharacters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, webfact said:

The woman's father, Yom Kongnoon, 71, told police that he was cooking on the ground floor when he heard an explosion and rushed to see fire spreading from a wall plug where an electric fan had been plugged in.

very sad, that's a painful way to go.

 

But again, it shows me that a simple ELCB had saved a life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I show  this to local Thais to make them care more about electric installations....
They tell me that electricity did not kill them... fire did... 

I live in a brick house but I always unplug things that are not used.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, watcharacters said:

 

 

Never thought about it but i guess that's a vote for using Deet and skipping the mosquito net.

 

RIP to the victim and  fast recovery wishes to the husband.

 

As I read it, blame the ventilator, not the mosquito net.

Or better said, blame the electrical "installation".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note to self, use hemp, not nylon, when I make

my mosquito net!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×