BangkokDanish

Effective pollution masks N95/N99/P95/99

36 minutes ago, BangkokDanish said:

That is true! And thank you for bringing it to my attention. I went to their website and found published test-results. Their webpage states the following:  

"All SUPER SEAL filters are independently tested at Nelson Laboratories, Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A."

https://www.style-seal.com/testing/

I'll definitely read the results. 

Seems like the filter is effective but the seal is even more important so make sure there's no air coming in from the sides. When I used a similar mask I couldn't get a seal around the bridge of the nose. 

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

3m makes charcoal masks that are sold at Tesco. Work better than the regular surgical masks. About 19 baht each.

Good time to re think your future if it will involve a mask everyday. You will scare everyone. Ironically the worst air pollution I ever saw in the USA was in Salt Lake City UTAH where the OP says one of the masks is tested. Never saw pollution like that back in New England. Most days BKK is fine. Don't read all the stupid hype about the last couple days. Something else will most likely get you here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Welcome to the land of smiles where you can die smiling. Your retirement might just be  shorten a few years.

I came to Thailand to have a good long retirements not to die. What a great place this is. Keep the money flowing and the hell with the people. Dont you just love this place?

21 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Seems like the filter is effective but the seal is even more important so make sure there's no air coming in from the sides. When I used a similar mask I couldn't get a seal around the bridge of the nose. 

Agreed! That's actually why I visited their warehouse so I could try one on in my size, instead of just ordering one from their webshop. It sealed up nicely, especially over the bridge of my nose where I usually experience the same problem as you. All in all their seal fit me as good as it gets without going full Darth Vader :)

6 hours ago, andytyl said:

Does anyone know if these mask works?

Screenshot_20180209-151818.jpg

A mask sold by Xiaomi is probably designed for Chinese face shapes. I'm fairly sure it wouldn't fit me and many other Westerners but it depends on your own individual face shape.

Sorry but I don't believe the hype about masks and air pollution in BKK right now. After a few days and a weather change it will be back to normal.
If you stand near a cigarette smoker and catch some smoke accidentally it's much more harmful than the concentration right now.
But up to everyone else of course.
Just my opinion.

• Like 1

check out the web page www.style-seal.com, very effective anti polution masks. comes in different styles

On 2/6/2018 at 10:40 PM, BangkokDanish said:

It's not intended for working out. I walk along long stretches of highways(?) in Siam on my way to school. It's just a precaution. The fewer particles I inhale, the happier I am :) So, what I am looking for is basically a mask that offers protection against pollution. 

Siam? Thailand??