webfact

If you live in Hua Hin you might be about to get a visit from the Tourist Police

Add more papers and TM-forms to the mess and it will get more complicated, difficult and open opportunities for negotiations. And this is the main reason for all this nonsense. 

The 92'000 difference might be the Asian aliens from India, Bangladesh, Burma etc. although I believe there could be a Zero added to that figure. As there is no cash there, hunt for those with means. 

i have an idea. we will use a thing called a

c o m p u t e r. can you say computer?

visa expired on a certain date? automatically check immigration exit records for passport number. no exit? generate list. then go to house.

look for bad guys.

computer 101 circa 1978.

Isn't that what they're doing?? List of names....calling into addresses?

As the OP says, 'hiding out in Pattaya, Hua Hin' etc., so unlikely to be at the address given anyway.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe Thai 4.0 should teach then to use a computer. I should think a program could be written to track all the dates of departure visas.. If not departed , them let the hounds out..555

Oh dear, why don't they just go to the "preferred' option of just asking for x amount of baht and a plane ticket out after 3 weeks for all farangs, and failing that put tracker ankle bracelets on every expat?

Once upon a time, long, long ago, Thailand welcomed us, but no longer. At best we are now just tolerated as cash cows.

I worry that I was accepted as a member on this forum as it appears a frontal lobotomy is required to qualify!!

• Like 2

Why the police looking in Hua Hin for overstayers  ...all the overstayers on on Koh Chang doing drugs some living in the woods. Koh Chang is overrun with overstayers.

3 hours ago, Jonah777 said:

Why the police looking in Hua Hin for overstayers  ...all the overstayers on on Koh Chang doing drugs some living in the woods. Koh Chang is overrun with overstayers.

They're not.  Just checking registered addresses.

9 hours ago, HHTel said:

I worry that I was accepted as a member on this forum as it appears a frontal lobotomy is required to qualify!!

Is  better  you  view   each  and  any  visit  as  a brief time at a zoo. Only  difference  is that  instead  of "Do  not feed  the   animals " it  should  be  of/on  your  own recognisance  to  avoid  the  click baits !

There  is the risked intent of an electronic  lobotomy !  lol

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 9:25 PM, Russell17au said:

Just out of interest what Australian visa is your wife on and how long did it take to get it?

Permanent Resident and it took eight weeks to get as our son is in school in Aust

Probably not looking for overstayers but more for people who are not at the address they reported so they can fine them. What is the point of checking up on someone who they know has an extension - am I missing something?

Edited by timewilltell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, timewilltell said:

Probably not looking for overstayers but more for people who are not at the address they reported so they can fine them. What is the point of checking up on someone who they know has an extension - am I missing something?

Well  done.  Quite encouraging to find there are people on this forum with an ounce of intelligence!

This exercise is done periodically and the list produced by immigration is random.  No big deal.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:35 PM, baansgr said:

Really, they cant ask for identification, which bar did you hear that in. 

Not what I said, Identification they can ask for, not your passport. Can't even speak to you in your native language or any other language other than their native language in an official capacity without a 3rd party independent translator. Who knows..it may even have been my job to know!. You'd do well to check out UN resolution on civil and political rights, of which Thailand signed up to on October 26 1996. 

35 minutes ago, DerekMarshall said:

Not what I said, Identification they can ask for, not your passport. Can't even speak to you in your native language or any other language other than their native language in an official capacity without a 3rd party independent translator. Who knows..it may even have been my job to know!. You'd do well to check out UN resolution on civil and political rights, of which Thailand signed up to on October 26 1996. 

So what I.D would you suggest,

On 2/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, HHTel said:

Well  done.  Quite encouraging to find there are people on this forum with an ounce of intelligence!

This exercise is done periodically and the list produced by immigration is random.  No big deal.

If "this exercise is done periodically", then it's a bit strange that we haven't heard any reports about random inspections before... other than to check up on married couples. I would say it's definitely a new "exercise", as you call it.

You'd have to wonder if they have meetings every week to discuss what new "exercises" they can do in order to hassle as many foreigners as possible and at the same time appear they are earning their salaries. How many times have we heard of new "exercises" that they carry out for a while, only to be dropped and replaced by new "exercises"? It's the immigration circus that most of us long stayers have become familiar with and what makes Thaivisa a profitable Internet forum.

Edited by tropo

Definately been done before and not just once.  Always polite and friendly.  I'll try to find relevance for you.

If you ask the police at immigration, they will tell you the same.