Robbie63

Buying an automobile Bangkok

I am really interested in a new Altis actually and the quoted interest rate was 3.4 not to bad really. Will get back to everyone as I try my luck.

In your name legally requires work permit?. Otherwise pay cash.

Funny how many miss the fact you have no job.    I had to put 50% down to to get financing through Kasikorn.  Still made me finance for 48 months.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Robbie63 said:

Thank you everyone for the help. I think i would just put the car in Girlfriends name. I think that the statement of employment is not really investigated well here in LOS. This is going to be my last car and want an all new car with a warranty i realize the depreciation when you drive off the lot. I want to travel around Thailand and be worry free pretty much. Thanks again for your help.

If you put it in the girlfriend's name just make sure you are insured to drive it. I always pay an extra couple of thousand to make sure anyone can drive mine (with permission of course)

3 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

"TESCO"   Two years ago the wife and I financed a Ford through Tesco Bank.   My wife signed for the loan and I showed my account balance at the bank.  

No, he was right first time....its TISCO

• Like 1

Post in caps, and responses, removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

My wife was sixty and no job and no money. Car was in her name and because of my age she had to have insurance and they wanted 400,000 baht down on a new Altis......what the heck she ended up with it anyway paying 13,000 baht a month to TISCO. Good luck.

19 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

"TESCO"   Two years ago the wife and I financed a Ford through Tesco Bank.   My wife signed for the loan and I showed my account balance at the bank.  

I said TISCO not TESCO. Big difference.

22 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

You can get finance if you put 25% down on most new cars.If you want it in youre own name,do not bring youre GF into the shop in the first place.Deal with it alone.

You really think that an unemployed foreign pensioner with no job and no ties here except for an unemployed girlfriend is likely to be offered a 75% loan?  Really?

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Buying a new car ranks up there with the worst financial decisions anyone makes in their life. Particularly in Thailand where the market is so obviously inflated.

That "inflation" is reflected in the higher values of used cars here.

22 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

The OP doesn't have a wife.

20 hours ago, alien365 said:

If you put it in the girlfriend's name just make sure you are insured to drive it. I always pay an extra couple of thousand to make sure anyone can drive mine (with permission of course)

In Thailand it is the vehicle that carries the insurance, not the individual.

Edited by Just Weird

20 hours ago, alien365 said:

We always make sure that only myself and my wife can drive ... saves me about 5Kthb on the SUV. Also worth noting that if someone else drives and bumps it we have to pay the first few thousand thb ... to me it is a good deal ... and always a reason not to lend :smile:

I was surprised how much 'rebate' we got. On MrsJ's Civic RS the rebate was not as much but still worth having ....

All our cars are with Bangkok Insurance .............

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

In Thailand it is the vehicle that carries the insurance, not the individual.

That's what I thought until I needed to renew my insurance and I could save money by limiting who can drive it. I decided to let anyone drive it though so my friends could drive it back from the airport whenever I go away for a few weeks or more.