hyku1147

Coffee Worowat Market

I remember a store that sold kilos of good coffee for 300 baht. It was close to Worowat Market. Anyone know of such a place?

Cheers

Kasem Store. They have a good selection. Hilkoff stuff is a few Baht more than buying from the Hilkoff store, but not enough of a price hike to worry about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naboo said:

Kasem Store. They have a good selection. Hilkoff stuff is a few Baht more than buying from the Hilkoff store, but not enough of a price hike to worry about.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Dante99 said:

I remember when they sold it for 225 Baht per kilo.

I remember when it was 215 Baht per kilo

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dante99 said:

I remember when they sold it for 225 Baht per kilo.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

I remember when it was 215 Baht per kilo

Them were the days. 

I paid US$0.25 (that's 25 cents) for a gallon (3.78 liters) of high-grade gasoline (benzine, no alcohol) in America one day, long ago. As i recall, we were driving across across Texas on Route 66, somewhere near Amarillo, in an 8 cylinder Black and Gold Oldsmobile sedan and stopped at the Texaco station.  This in mid-summer and no Oldsmobile air/con.  

Yeah, things change.

• Like 1

I paid US$0.25 (that's 25 cents) for a gallon (3.78 liters) of high-grade gasoline (benzine, no alcohol) in America one day, long ago. As i recall, we were driving across across Texas on Route 66, somewhere near Amarillo, in an 8 cylinder Black and Gold Oldsmobile sedan and stopped at the Texaco station.  This in mid-summer and no Oldsmobile air/con.  
Yeah, things change.

Yeh the gas was expensive but the cold Cokes were a nickel.:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

^^^ have seen many spellings.. ... some signs even spell it "wororos". .... I just call it Kad Luang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't think of anywhere in the market selling coffee. Kasem Store is close by and Thamel Cafe at the back may sell coffee but I don't know. Looking at their website , they look like bags of coffee on the shelf. I have never really noticed .

Thamel Cafe

Otherwise you can mooch slightly north west to Duang Dee where you can get really good coffee by the kilo (cheaper if you don't need the fancy box).

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

Thier website calls it “Waroros Market”...

http://www.warorosmarket.com/

You say dinosaur I say dinosow... :coffee1:

Yes because "s" as a final consonant is pronounced like a "d", so in transliteration there's always the choice between spelling versus pronunciation. Personally, I prefer to go with pronunciation because a final "s" will produce a drastically incorrect pronunciation unless you know the language, in which case the transliteration isn't needed in the first place. In any case, it's not "Worowat," that was my point, not trying to be a know-it-all, but it is helpful to know the names of major landmarks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cmsally said:

Can't think of anywhere in the market selling coffee. Kasem Store is close by and Thamel Cafe at the back may sell coffee but I don't know. Looking at their website , they look like bags of coffee on the shelf. I have never really noticed .

Thamel Cafe

Otherwise you can mooch slightly north west to Duang Dee where you can get really good coffee by the kilo (cheaper if you don't need the fancy box).

Thanks