cheynewalk

Immigration queues

Can anybody provide recent experience of immigration queues at don muang?  My flight will be arriving around midday. Cheers.

Aussie Arrived from KL about 5PM and only 40 minutes foreign passport visa on arrival. 

The wife Filipina, arriving at 8.40PM ASEAN passport just over one hour. 

Arrived on Jan 28th at midnight. The queue was full. 30 minutes later I was waiting to claim my luggage.  

1. I fly into there every 4-5 weeks. Since the last big hoo-ha at Xmas, it seems better. 30 minutes or so.

2. Don't queue with the tourists for a cab 2 hours + 50b more. Walk up 2 floors to departures and get some guy who is dropping off. Ignore the police. It's all a racket. Old hands have done this for donkeys'.

Eddy

I waited three hours, arrived on 10th feb ... i had single entry tourist visa, earlier, it took me literally 2 minutes to get the visa....now, its hellish....be prepared, its due to chinese new year, should be over by 18th of Feb, many new flights added which lands in the early morning. It was a nightmare....Chinese tourist, as usual jumping queue and even the number of immigration officers were just 50%

Thanks for this thread. I'm flying in tomorrow and was very nervous about immigration queues.. seems I can have hope not having to stand there for hours.

Taxi-wise the way to go is still crossing the road to the Amari hotel and fetch a cab over there?