webfact

American who killed Australian tourist in Pattaya bar fight has murdered before

10 hours ago, yogi100 said:

That's two he's killed. If he'd have been executed the first time his second victim would still be alive.

Both victims might have been alive if US immigration done a proper job.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No excuse for attacking a woman ......... whatever the circumstances. I agree that this pair of "quality tourists" are not that welcome here in Pattaya & Thailand needs to clean up it's act & refuse entry to protect the general public. It seems to me to be a dispute between two "hotheads" who are equally to blame. One paid the ultimate price for his actions & the other will regret his actions for a very long time ............. they both got their just rewards if you ask me. I've no sympathy for either of them. Coming to Thailand as a guest should be enjoyable ............ I've seen this type of disgraceful behaviour much too often here, which is mainly fuelled by alcohol in bars over women. Can't understand it really personally ........... as if there are not enough women to go around?? As an expat living here for years I really think screening of these individuals prior to travel in their own countries is a must & Thailand must place stringent visa rules & insist upon it. ... ie. "One strike & you're out!" It's too big a problem for Thailand once these individuals arrive here, plus not banning them gives them the opportunity to reoffend on their next visit ......... the fact that living here as a "farang" you do get tarred with the same brush when this happens   ............. & get treated accordingly!!

14 hours ago, jvs said:

And yet a country that knows of his criminal past lets him have a passport and travel!!!!!Well done very advanced western country keep up the good work.They seem to let anybody out but try to get in!!!

I hate to say it. But he did his time, why not be allowed his freedom? 

21 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

Not a lot of time for what he did!

1 hour ago, NightRider70 said:

Both victims might have been alive if US immigration done a proper job.

I think that you're assuming that "Jose Manuel Polanco Jr," is possibly originally from the other side of the border ? 

14 hours ago, jvs said:

And yet a country that knows of his criminal past lets him have a passport and travel!!!!!Well done very advanced western country keep up the good work.They seem to let anybody out but try to get in!!!

I imagine the US was happy to be rid of him. Now they may be permanently rid of him as a loose cannon won't last long the the bkk Hilton.

6 hours ago, Donotdisturb said:

in LOS since 1997. been in pats twice (for meeting). hated its sleazy nature. never been in soi 6 because i'm not desperate and because i'm not attracted to hookers nor feel home around the type of males they attract.

Glad to hear it.  Odd for you to be in an expat forum for people living in Thailand but I guess to each to his own.  Honestly, single guys who go to bars or drink with women and have fun etc.. has been around long before your born.  I do not condemn people as even the Thais do not do that or don't you know that?  Living in LOS you should know this.  Personally there is much worse in other places and countries.  Thailand is peaceful and a beautiful country.  Surprised you had a business meeting in Pattaya honestly but it is what it is.  Your point is heard but I do not condemn people and Buddhists do not either.  Living in LOS you should really know that.  There are many good families and people in Pattaya, not just your view of it or wether the activity is right or wrong.  The details provided were just related to what was seen.  

Edited by Thomasbangkok
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, balo said:

I'm surprised to hear he got out of prison after serving only 2 years! I believe the US has some of strictest laws when it comes to murder. Oh he is not black, maybe that's why. Probably paid for a good lawyer.

I believe it was on a technicality after making an appeal, and was something to do with documents/warrants used for the original trial being only faxed copies and not original wet ink signed.

5 hours ago, domdom said:

taking snap of someone without having his approval and publish them is illegal

It's not.

Simply not hearsay.  Ask the Bar Manager.  I stayed at that Bar during the entire period and had a room upstairs.  So I saw him, listened to him and the details I state are first hand with the exception of the incident where he was hit as I did not personally see that.  Get your details correct.  First person , means direct, so I hope you understand now.

Edited by Thomasbangkok
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

Perhaps, doing his time doesn't equate to learning his lesson?

Hence, the dead Aussie, but you have an excellent point.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

One man is a convicted murder, the deceased is a known trouble maker and a bully, what a fine

specimen of human being Pattaya is attracting, almost safe enough to have our monthy

church meetings there...

Yes there are two churches out on Sukhumvit that would accommodate you, close by to the Father Ray foundation and the orphanage.

15 hours ago, speckio said:

If was here on vacation he wouldn't require a visa. Americans can come and go as they please as long as they don't overstay 30 days.

I mean its possible he is an Ex-pat but I didn't see anything about him actually making his home in Thailand.

True. I was posting on the assumption he had obtained a visa as implied in an earlier post.

Edited by Wiggy

14 hours ago, moe666 said:

jeez you have a chip on your shoulder about 90 day reporting. I guess you were unaware of that little requirement when you moved to Thailand

If it actually served a purpose I wouldn't care about it, but it doesn't so, yes, I do have a chip on my shoulder about it, as I don't like being treated like I'm on probation. And, yes, I was unaware of it when I moved here, as  it wasn't a requirement 25 years ago.

• Like 2