Jump to content
alexlm

Is a single Thai lottery ticket sold 100 bahts with a maximum of 6 millions to win?

Recommended Posts

As a foreigner would they notify my counties taxing authority or would I need to do that myself?... this assumes I win... :coffee1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, worrab said:

The price of 1 ticket is 80 baht as set by the government. That will win 6 million baht. Anymore than that price and you can report the vendor to the authorities or walk away. A collection of 5 should only cost 500 baht and you could win 30 million baht.

Anyone can win. It makes no difference where you come from but be prepared to go to the main office in Bangkok if you win the top prize to collect. 

On my calculator 5x80 equals 400 baht. But indeed the going price for a set of 5 equal numbers is 500 to 550 baht. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Brunolem said:

If you are going only for the 6 millions...or more...then buy an official ticket at 100 baht, which is the retail price almost everywhere, including in tiny Kanthararom, Sisaket.

 

Now, if you aim a bit lower, such as betting on the last 2 or 3 digits, then the "local" lottery is far better.

 

One example: winning the last 2 digits will get you 2,000 baht for a 100 (80) baht ticket...yet, if you "invest" these 100 baht in a "local" ticket, this will get you 7,000 baht (70 times your bet).

 

For 3 digits, it's even better...

 

First of all, the retail price of a single ticket in Bangkok is 80 baht. However it's common that you pay an extra fee for a set of 5, 10 or 15 with equal numbers. 

 

As for the 'local' lottery (local means everywhere in Thailand), 100 baht will get you 5000 baht. Not 7000. You will get 7000 if you play 100x100 (200 baht). Which means if you predict the correct 2 digits, you will get 5000 for exact order of the 2 digits and 2000 extra for the 2 digits in the wrong order. For 3 digits it will get you 70000 for 100x100 baht on the same principle. Furthermore you can bet on the up or down 2 digits. Last, but not least, most of the time you will get a discount on the money you pay. I get 20%, but this depends what commission the middle man (or woman) is getting.

 

My MIL won half a million baht right after her son passed away and dreamt of the correct numbers. Normally she doesn't play that much, only once in a while, so I'm not sure this is magic. 

 

Another fun story:

last year November just before I went on a business trip, I drove of to work and just when leaving the moo ban my neighbor stopped me to tell that there is a cat on the roof of my car (they car lay down on my fortuner, so I didn't notice it). They said it will bring me luck and that I need to buy a lottery ticket. I was in a hurry, but quickly picked up a set of 5 for 450 baht and guess what? I had the 2 digits correct, so I got 10k baht. I don't buy always a ticket. Just once in a while. 

 

Good luck to you all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alexlm said:

Best answer so far.

Thank you.

If you find official lottery tickets for sale at 80 baht anywhere in Sisaket province, please let me know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cheops said:

 

As for the 'local' lottery (local means everywhere in Thailand), 100 baht will get you 5000 baht. Not 7000. You will get 7000 if you play 100x100 (200 baht). Which means if you predict the correct 2 digits, you will get 5000 for exact order of the 2 digits and 2000 extra for the 2 digits in the wrong order. For 3 digits it will get you 70000 for 100x100 baht on the same principle. Furthermore you can bet on the up or down 2 digits. Last, but not least, most of the time you will get a discount on the money you pay. I get 20%, but this depends what commission the middle man (or woman) is getting.

"Local" means everywhere, but not "everywhere the same rules".

With regards to Sisaket, I stick with my numbers.

 

First, as you say, there is a discount at the time of buying, which is 10% here, and most generally added to the bet.

 

Then, winning the last 2 digits will get you 70 times your bet, or 7,000 baht for 100 baht.

Winning the last 3 digits will get you 400 times your bet, or 40,000 baht for 100 baht.

 

You don't have to bet twice (100 + 100) in order to get these rewards.

 

Now, things may very well be different in another province, depending on the competition and other factors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brunolem said:

"Local" means everywhere, but not "everywhere the same rules".

With regards to Sisaket, I stick with my numbers.

 

First, as you say, there is a discount at the time of buying, which is 10% here, and most generally added to the bet.

 

Then, winning the last 2 digits will get you 70 times your bet, or 7,000 baht for 100 baht.

Winning the last 3 digits will get you 400 times your bet, or 40,000 baht for 100 baht.

 

You don't have to bet twice (100 + 100) in order to get these rewards.

 

Now, things may very well be different in another province, depending on the competition and other factors...

Yes, different places different rules 555

 

The 100x100 betting work as follows:

If you bet 100 baht only on for example number 45 and the draw is 45, you will get 5000 (at least here). When it's 54 you get nothing. 

 

Now when you bet 100x100 on the number 45 you will get 5000 plus 2000 for the incorrect order (54) equals 7000. When the draw is 54 however you will only get 2000.

 

With 3 digits it's 50000 for 100 baht only or 70000 for 100x100. If the draw gets you the 3 digits but in incorrect order,  you will get 20000 baht. 

 

I'm pretty sure at your location you can play the 100x100 as well,  since this is used by many throughout Thailand.

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cheops said:

On my calculator 5x80 equals 400 baht. But indeed the going price for a set of 5 equal numbers is 500 to 550 baht. 

You are absolutely right but for some reason the normal charge is 500 baht.  That is what I normally pay. Any more and I walk away and strangely enough this worked the other week when she dropped from 550 baht to 500 baht! Must be a higher price. because of the more winnings you could attain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheops said:

Yes, different places different rules 555

 

The 100x100 betting work as follows:

If you bet 100 baht only on for example number 45 and the draw is 45, you will get 5000 (at least here). When it's 54 you get nothing. 

 

Now when you bet 100x100 on the number 45 you will get 5000 plus 2000 for the incorrect order (54) equals 7000. When the draw is 54 however you will only get 2000.

 

With 3 digits it's 50000 for 100 baht only or 70000 for 100x100. If the draw gets you the 3 digits but in incorrect order,  you will get 20000 baht. 

 

I'm pretty sure at your location you can play the 100x100 as well,  since this is used by many throughout Thailand.

 

Good luck.

Actually in my village no one bets 100 baht on a single number, even less 100x100.

They rather place small bets of 5 or 10 baht on multiple numbers.

Of course, what they get when winning is pretty thin...350 to 700 baht most of the time, but that's enough to immediately buy enough beer to throw a party with a small group of friends...which is the whole purpose of playing the lottery...

We will see what happen tomorrow...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They got rid of the twin 40 baht tickets a couple of years ago and changed to a single 80 baht ticket.  Anyone selling them above 80 baht is breaking the law.  But laws are meant for breaking here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Sorry to be a bit OT here but I thought this lotto related article  was incredible.

 

http://kdvr.com/2018/02/06/woman-who-won-559-million-powerball-fighting-to-stay-anonymous/

 

 

And after winning  over a half billion USD and not wanting to follow the Lotto  laws and regulations, she complains   about the lack of "potential" interest her self initiated  battle is causing her.

 

WOW..     IT TAKES ALL KINDS.      555

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rwill said:

They got rid of the twin 40 baht tickets a couple of years ago and changed to a single 80 baht ticket.  Anyone selling them above 80 baht is breaking the law.  But laws are meant for breaking here.

It was only last September they changed to single ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2018 at 7:02 PM, whiteman said:

At the present time going though the thai courts is a ex police man that won 30 million and then all the snakes came out and claimed he had stolen the ticket off the real owner who happen to be a school teacher.

 

3 sellers said it was true and the local police said to the police winner go 50 50 and we will forget it.

 

All the evidence says the retired cop is the true owner on the ticket and his finger prints are only ones on the ticket.

 

So just letting you know if you win big watch out the vultures will circle.

Mrs C has started to write her name on the back of her tickets as soon as she buys them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

BANGKOK 18 February 2018 08:22
Sponsors
×