24 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Currently, the TM.6 number is very unlikely the primary search key. Lose your departure part of the TM.6 and when you leave the country the immigration official will give you a new one with a different number without batting an eye. 

There will be alternative ways of finding the record, but the primary key is almost always the simplest combination of fields that is guaranteed to be unique. For the record that contains details of the entry and extensions of that entry, that will be the TM6 number. Even Nationality+Passport No+Date is not foolproof as, for instance, someone might enter more than once on the same day. There will be additional non unique keys like passport number, but the primary key of a record type is important, and changing it non trivial.

There are various ways a lost TM6 might be dealt with within the system. The simplest is probably to update the TM6 number field with an addition to the comment field that notes the old TM6 number. Alternatively, the TM6 number changes when you exit with a re-entry permit and then return. You might want extensions linked to the TM6 entry it is associated with, you may also want an easy way to locate older TM6 records. You might design a technique that uses a similar method for lost/replacement TM6 to that is used for new entries using a re-entry permit. I know nothing about what they do in practice.

5 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

If have re-entry stamp then enter the page number in the "visa no" space. Be sure to check that the stamp you get has correct date.

An IO told me in December that the re-enty permit number goes in the "visa no." space.

My TM6 is 9 years old and will stay the same until I win the lottery and fly somewhere or I die. Whichever comes first.

The new form was a swift reaction to mitigate the long lines at airport Immigration. The headlines went global. I am still scratching my head over the logic here, but I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.

1 hour ago, scoutman360 said:

The new form was a swift reaction to mitigate the long lines at airport Immigration. The headlines went global. I am still scratching my head over the logic here, but I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I'm scratching my head to figure out why you think that.   The information on the form is basically the same, the only difference is the size and layout. 

I don't see how changing the size of the form could have saved any time at the immigration lines.  

Do you have the choice between the old and the new form?

I slways use the form I get from the flight attendant and am not offered a choice.

• Like 1

I slways use the form I get from the flight attendant and am not offered a choice.

I've used 3 different airlines to return to Swampy lately and each one is using the new format.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Maestro said:

Not sure about airports, but entered Thailand at the Ban Packard/Pailin, Cambodia border last week with a pre-filled out old  card and asked the IO if it was still ok, and he said 'mai dai'.

Went to Laos from Nong Khai last week, the older version TM6 departure card quite acceptable, as was the new version for a couple of folks who'd obtained it on arrival at Swampy in January.

Old version for arrival at Nong Khai acceptable, I had a number of blank ones available filled out ahead of time.

I did ask the Nong Khai IO folks about the new TM6, told they'd not yet arrived....

Mac