Samsara9

Thai Wife unable to get permanent Visa for Aus

I am hoping someone can give me some advice. My son aged 39 went to Pattaya on a holiday a few years ago and met a girl who said she worked as a dental assistant in Pattaya. I have never been convinced of that as she has since posted photos saying she was a staff member of a hotel in  Pattaya. The girl has been on holidays out here and stays with me and my husband. She stays in the bedroom all day while my son works 2 jobs to support her. They have now got married in Australia but she has to go home 3 monthly as they cannot get a permanent visa for her. My son has no money left of a home he sold and made a profit, and they pay no expenses in our home.

This girl lives like a queen with new clothes, real Louis Vuitton handbags, shoes and all she wants to do is go away every weekend to hotels and restaurants.  She doesn't help in the home.

She has an expensive phone and all she seems to do is post selfies and sit on the phone day and night. I have no idea where all the money comes to support her as my son is not on a big income.

When she goes home she posts photos of expensive dinners with her Thai friends men and women (none of them work) and weekends away at Resorts in Thailand. They all seem to be living a luxurious life but sleep during the day and party at night

My son asked his grandmother for $10,000 for supposedly a visa but I have found they cannot get a visa for her so don't think he was being honest about what the money was for.

I have just found out on the internet that this girl is on 2 dating sites seeking men since she married my son and I fear he is being scammed by this girl

I cannot talk to him as he won't listen to me and his friends have told him he is being scammed.

It is like he has been brainwashed by this girl!!

I am unsure what to do as I fear for his mental health and I don't want to interfere as he is an adult but I am so worried where all this is going to end.

Can someone advise me please or am I worrying over nothing?

• Sad 1

I can see why you would be genuinely concerned. However, he is an adult and will learn by his own mistakes. Or not !

There is not much you can do if you have tried to talk to him already. Just stand by to pick up the pieces when she bails for someone with money.

• Like 2

A very sad but all too common story I'm afraid, I can't imagine the worry and concern for your son that you must be feeling at the moment, I think you have a pretty sure feeling about how your daughter in law must be funding her lifestyle.

This forum is for those seeking advice regarding obtaining visas for Thailand, which isn't what you seem to be seeking help with.

I'm going to move your post to the "Marriage and Family" forum, and whilst I'm not sure that even that is the best forum there might just be somebody reading it who can give meaningful advice or be able to allay your concerns.

Hope it turns out well.

• Like 1

It would help if you explained why she cannot get a permanent visa.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

A very sad but all too common story I'm afraid, I can't imagine the worry and concern for your son that you must be feeling at the moment, I think you have a pretty sure feeling about how your daughter in law must be funding her lifestyle.

This forum is for those seeking advice regarding obtaining visas for Thailand, which isn't what you seem to be seeking help with.

I'm going to move your post to the "Marriage and Family" forum, and whilst I'm not sure that even that is the best forum there might just be somebody reading it who can give meaningful advice or be able to allay your concerns.

Hope it turns out well.

thank you and I am sorry for posting on the wrong forum

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

It would help if you explained why she cannot get a permanent visa.

I don't know why she can't

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Samsara9 said:

I don't know why she can't

Well how do you know she can't get one?

• Like 2

Offensive post and response removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I'm puling this one out of my ass, where I keep found internet texts.

' If she did not disclose on the visa application, the first thing the consulate folks do is check criminal and marriage records. When they discover the marriage the application will be rejected for "false statements".'

She might just tick the box 'married' thats a lie on her part, so she can bounce back and forth ?

She's either a convicted criminal, married, on stuck on a ongoing divorce ?

Edited by Hamuraii
  • Sad 1

Kick her out of the house, your enabling this mess, maybe she will just bolt after that, since shes on the street.

• Like 2

No desire to be alarmist but one reason she would be ineligible to apply for a Temporary Partner (309) or Permanent Partner (100) visa would be a less than satisfactory police clearance certificate from Thailand - e.g. serious convictions.

This girl lives like a queen with new clothes, real Louis Vuitton handbags, shoes and all she wants to do is go away every weekend to hotels and restaurants.  She doesn't help in the home.

She has an expensive phone and all she seems to do is post selfies and sit on the phone day and night. I have no idea where all the money comes to support her as my son is not on a big income.

She has all the attributes of a real Thai lady, 555555

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

She has all the attributes of a real Thai lady, 555555

have you got her facebook profile?
just asking like.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1