snoop1130

Video: Irate house owner takes axe to illegally parked car - but there's a backstory

I remember the action taken to deter inconsiderate parkers where I lived in the UK.

The guy I knew pasted a sheet of brown paper on the windscreen using a water soluble glue.

Took the guy half an hour to remove it! Hilarious!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Can you imagine that happening in Thailand?  Maybe when hell freezes over

hmmm. maybe

20 minutes ago, Whitson said:

I remember the action taken to deter inconsiderate parkers where I lived in the UK.

The guy I knew pasted a sheet of brown paper on the windscreen using a water soluble glue.

Took the guy half an hour to remove it! Hilarious!

Like the principle but again it delays the vehicle being moved.  When I lived in Chelsea (yes I know but I was only renting!) and someone parked irresponsibly, you just made a quick phone call and the council had a car removal truck there within fifteen minutes and it was hoisted on and off to the car pound.  At that time it was £140 plus a ticket to get it back.  It certainly worked well for us!

Despite what happened to her in the past, due to cars being parked outside her royal palace, she should get done for this. I'm sure if I'd been guilty of such an action it'd be a fine, maybe the slammer and shamed as a bad farang, bringing shame upon us all. I can't tell you the amount cars I encounter on the daily here that I'd love to take an axe to but, even as a non Buddhist and a farang who hasn't been taught from day dot to keep his mouth shut, I'm capable of this small thing called self control. 

Edited by ZeVonderBearz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched the video and roared with laughter. It was a thing of beauty and a joy to behold to watch her lay into that vehicle with the shovel and the axe. Poetry in motion.

The funniest thing of the week - so far.

If it kept happening to me I  would invest in a floor jack, jack the car up and move it to the middle of the road, no damage, then see how fast the police move, they are small women but look wealthy enough to buy a forklift, 

1 minute ago, Netease said:

If it kept happening to me I  would invest in a floor jack, jack the car up and move it to the middle of the road, no damage, then see how fast the police move, they are small women but look wealthy enough to buy a forklift, 

A floorjack and a forklift are not the same thing.... :blink:

20 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

A floorjack and a forklift are not the same thing.... :blink:

Read the quote properly "If it kept happening to me I  would invest in a floor jack, jack the car up and move it to the middle of the road, no damage, then see how fast the police move, they are small women but look wealthy enough to buy a forklift," 

Edited by Netease
Didn't put full quote

No surprises here with no consideration for other drivers on the road, parking wouldn't get a second, third etc. thought. While I sympathize with the ladies after having the problem for some time might they not have thought of another way to get publicity? Well, they have publicity now so maybe it will start a 'fad', Ha!

Sections 55 & 57 of the Land Traffic Act 2552 deal with leaving vehicles causing an obstruction such as this. Getting the police to remove them as they would do in other countries may be a problem though. In the UK it would be towed, driver would get a ticket for obstruction plus hefty towing and storage charge at the pound.

3 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Had this problem already for 10 years ?

Then it is about time you start using our useless empty brain !

bXRpbWU9MTQ2NTgyNjM3OQ==.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

If the Thais get wind of these they'll be installed outside every shop and home in all of the country. When you buy or rent a property in Thailand, be it for personal or commercial use, the PUBLIC road outside automatically becomes apart of the property also. 

9 hours ago, wgdanson said:

As someone said previously, the transmission is locked in Park without the key in the ignition. Makes me wonder how car thieves in films just open the door, fiddle with a few wires under the dash, and drive off.

Best of all is when in the movies they break the window by punching it.

I always wonder how many failed car thieves turn up at A&E with 4 broken knuckle bones and how they explain the injury.

😆😆😆