Thaivisa Web Content Team

Man reveals real meaning of woman's Chinese tattoo - and she probably doesn't realise

If this woman really doesn't know what her tattoo means, she's not the only one.

There are loads of people who get words and phrases tattooed to themselves in a foreign language they don't speak.

It's a curious thing to do. But then more often than not sun, sea, sand and liquor are all involved. And the general excitement of being on holiday.

Alton Wang, from Temple City, US, spotted one apparent example of a misunderstood tattoo while on a flight.

What does it mean?

Last week, he shared on Twitter a snap of a woman's tattoo and suggested she probably doesn't realise that it says 'miso' – the popular low-calorie soup scooped up by the barrel-load in London and California.

Of course, the woman in question might just really like miso soup and is fully aware of her ink's true meaning.

Full article

Ha ha. 

When I see these Chinese/Japanese character tattoos, if the situation allows, I chat up the person.

I ask them if they speak Chinese or Japanese with the few Japanese words I know.

Almost always they do not.

Then the fun begins...

Ha ha

maxresdefault.jpg

i remember seeing a news report about a couple of ex soldiers who, when serving, had identical tattoos in, i think, chinese, saying 'brother'. many years later and both out of the army they eventually discovered they had the word 'fairy' tattooed on their bodies. i thought it was quite funny.

and another one... i was in a bank one day in bangkok and this foreigner came in wearing clothes more suitable for the beach, as some do. the considerable amount of his skin that was on view was covered in thai style tattoos. what i thought was ironic was that, through his dealings with the bank staff, it was clear he didnt, or wouldn't, speak a word of thai.

Edited by samsensam
clarification

I remember being on the Royal Navy aircraft carrier Eagle in 1964 and one of the crew came back from a run ashore with a tattoo that read  > I AM AN <deleted> FAN < it should have read ARSENAL. 

Well  that is what he told the captain.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:45 AM, tandor said:

..mind your own business

should have read...mind your own business Alton Wang.

• Like 1

Ha ha. 
When I see these Chinese/Japanese character tattoos, if the situation allows, I chat up the person.
I ask them if they speak Chinese or Japanese with the few Japanese words I know.
Almost always they do not.
Then the fun begins...
Ha ha

maxresdefault.jpg.362faf0c61335736438073caa4e3cfeb.jpg

Hilarious

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app