HullyGully

90 Day Reporting - Online

When I selected “The next appointment” print button a new tab opened up with the normal slip having the next report date you would put in your passport. Don’t know why that didn’t work the same for you. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yesterday on a lark I decided to try the online system...

I usually let the agent do this while we have a nice lunch at the Wine Connection...

With my MacBook and Safari browser... Entered all info and got a Pending Status... Today status was Appoved!...

Btw... I left the country for Xmas and this was my first 90 days on a new arrival!.

:crying:

Edited by sfokevin

Submitted the information online on Sunday, May 13, at 11:00 a.m.  Monday was a holiday.

Today, Tuesday, 15 May, at 5:09 p.m. I received an email that the report is approved.

The whole thing done with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge browser, including printing the application, approval, and next appointment.

Chiang Mai Immigration or whoever takes care of this online reporting seems to have improved it even more.

Managed to submit the online 90-day reporting online form OK, but not after a few pitfalls.  So I thought I'd post my problems, and their solutions, to assist others.  3 pages need to be filled in to get to the final 4th page, and each gave me problems, as follows:

BROWSER:  FIREFOX

Page 1:  I had my flight filled in as 'TG 911'.  It seems that the space caused the rejection, and I kept getting the standard 'contact immigration' message.  However, changing the flight to 'TG911' (no space) magically unblocked the process, moving me to page 2.

Page 2:  This time I kept getting another error message - but Immigration had now switched to Thai, the crafty fellows - see attachment.  It states that it cannot use the email address provided, even though each one of the half-dozen emails I gave them was valid.  Out of desperation I dug up an old Yahoo.com email address that I haven't used for years.  Success!  On to Page 3.

Page 3:  This showed the various fields that I had filled in during the session (e.g. surname), but each had a dash next to them.  I figured that this simply showed that I had provided the data.  Nothing else to do on Page 3 except check the box and press Accept.  Big problem - it simply returned me to the Page 3 form, box unchecked.  I also had the option of going back, but that didn't help, given that the site had already accepted my information.  Now I was stuck.

BROWSER: CHROME:

The only thing to do was to switch browsers.  I fired up Chrome, and went through the whole process from scratch - not a big deal, since I had already identified the tripwires.  This time, when I went to Page 3, all my details were shown in the form, instead of the dashes.  And of course then the 'Accept' button worked.  Seems it's a Firefox thing.

So I agree with the advice others have provided - just be patient and don't give up, and don't use Firefox.  And once you've identified the tripwires, the next 90-day submission should be a breeze.  Good luck!

Unable too use email address.jpg

4 hours ago, Groundpounder said:

I had my flight filled in as 'TG 911'.  It seems that the space caused the rejection,

I once experienced similar when I entered my flight number incorrectly. 

Later, a rare helpful member pointed out that flight is not a required field. Don't enter fields that are not *required.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Groundpounder said:

Managed to submit the online 90-day reporting online form OK, but not after a few pitfalls.  So I thought I'd post my problems, and their solutions, to assist others.  3 pages need to be filled in to get to the final 4th page, and each gave me problems, as follows:

BROWSER:  FIREFOX

Page 1:  I had my flight filled in as 'TG 911'.  It seems that the space caused the rejection, and I kept getting the standard 'contact immigration' message.  However, changing the flight to 'TG911' (no space) magically unblocked the process, moving me to page 2.

Page 2:  This time I kept getting another error message - but Immigration had now switched to Thai, the crafty fellows - see attachment.  It states that it cannot use the email address provided, even though each one of the half-dozen emails I gave them was valid.  Out of desperation I dug up an old Yahoo.com email address that I haven't used for years.  Success!  On to Page 3.

Page 3:  This showed the various fields that I had filled in during the session (e.g. surname), but each had a dash next to them.  I figured that this simply showed that I had provided the data.  Nothing else to do on Page 3 except check the box and press Accept.  Big problem - it simply returned me to the Page 3 form, box unchecked.  I also had the option of going back, but that didn't help, given that the site had already accepted my information.  Now I was stuck.

BROWSER: CHROME:

The only thing to do was to switch browsers.  I fired up Chrome, and went through the whole process from scratch - not a big deal, since I had already identified the tripwires.  This time, when I went to Page 3, all my details were shown in the form, instead of the dashes.  And of course then the 'Accept' button worked.  Seems it's a Firefox thing.

So I agree with the advice others have provided - just be patient and don't give up, and don't use Firefox.  And once you've identified the tripwires, the next 90-day submission should be a breeze.  Good luck!

Unable too use email address.jpg

Ah, but have you received the acceptance notice AND have you been able to print out your notice to put into your passport?  Last time I did Hubby's 90 day report online we got so far that he got the email notice from Imm. that his report had been accepted (like 4 days later) but whenever I went to try to print the receipt for the passport, I received a message (in Thai) that they couldn't find the record.

His next report is due on Monday, so I'm going out to Imm. Prom. in person to inquire.  Haven't been there in a while.

My approval came through about 7 hours after submittal.  No problems in retrieving and printing the approved form (the same form that they provided on successful application, except that the inclined yellow 'Pending' stamp in the top right corner is changed to a green 'Approved' stamp).  I filled in both tabs and the process worked flawlessly.

Overall, the system works - it's just that the coding for the application is crude and amateurish and needs improvement - users shouldn't have to figure out the multiple tripwires created by clumsy coding.  There are plenty of very smart Thai computer whizzes in the private sector who could easily fix the glitches without breaking a sweat.  But once you've figured out how to make the system work, it's literally just a few minutes on your computer every 90 days after that.  Hardly a big deal, and much easier than travelling to Chaeng Wattana (if you're in BKK), getting ticket number 291 for the queue, and then realizing that number 126 is showing on the red LED display!  See attachment.

Fun at Chaeng Wattana.jpg

13 hours ago, NancyL said:

Ah, but have you received the acceptance notice AND have you been able to print out your notice to put into your passport?  Last time I did Hubby's 90 day report online we got so far that he got the email notice from Imm. that his report had been accepted (like 4 days later) but whenever I went to try to print the receipt for the passport, I received a message (in Thai) that they couldn't find the record.

His next report is due on Monday, so I'm going out to Imm. Prom. in person to inquire.  Haven't been there in a while.

So if you have to go down to Immigration to confirm do you charge him more the the 300 baht rate?...

I submitted my request today at ~10am... Just received confirmation at 8pm same day (Apple Safari browser x This is 3rd time same day)

C116B65F-658C-4331-ABC6-C4DB1EEB4DF0.jpeg

41875609-BDF5-4E32-8E40-5997F4775E2C.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 8:42 PM, NancyL said:

If Immigration has given you a multi-digit TRN number and bar-code, and if that isn't working properly in retrieving your approved TM-47, I would suspect that the cause might be an improperly entered TRN number (though I'm sure you've entered it multiple times), because that TRN number is surely in their computer.  It seems to me that the system is basically sound, it's just that the data entry interface has been poorly coded.

The problem is that you cannot copy and paste the number from the PDF that Immigration sent you to make sure that you are inputting an exact copy of the number.  Therefore, I used a Optical Character Recognition program to turn this form into recognizable text that I just then copied and pasted the TRN number into one of the two fields needed to retrieve my approved form.

An alternative way would be to read the bar code on your mobile phone using an appropriate app, and then email it to yourself.  Then you can simply cut-and-paste the number into the form.

Worth a try, I reckon....

Actually you do not need a TRN number to search for your submission... When checking status click on the passport number tab... enter your passport, age (remember month first) and select country this will give your access to your entire submission history...

1903852913_ScreenShot2018-08-15at10_52_04PM.jpg.d5bf4265c392693ebc0cd3c785bcd9aa.jpg 

1920861695_ScreenShot2018-08-15at10_48_37PM.jpg.7c18612da6f214b1e6bd5554a212c45e.jpg

Hmm - I tried just entering the personal details first, and it didn't work for.  When I also entered the TRN number, that worked fine, so I assumed that both were required.  Perhaps I entered one tiny detail wrong in the personal data tab (though there's little room for error) - another 'tripwire' perhaps?

^^^ I spoke incorrectly in my post before you should put the day first not the month

DD/MM/YYYY

and the nationality is a dropdown... you just need to put in a letter to start... Ex: put in "am" and you will see American appear