BANGKOK 14 November 2018 09:33
webfact

Rabies warning nationwide as infection rates ‘much worse’ than before

28 minutes ago, survivalblue said:

Common sense would be to exterminate a few million stray soi dogs.   It's not like they are useful to society.

If karma is an issue, I'd be happy to be the terminator.  Just give me authority to do it.

I'd be happy to be your Karma!

karma.jpg

43 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

You belong back in Scandinavia, not Thailand. Go home to your smoke filled cafes & frozen tundras full of soi reindeer.

Wow you go personal I report you to webmaster and I not from Scandinavia 

1 minute ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Wow you go personal I report you to webmaster and I not from Scandinavia 

Well color me purple then Hans Christian Andersen.

Where would a name like yours come from other than a Scandinavian country?

1 hour ago, SpicyMeatball said:

You belong back in Scandinavia, not Thailand. Go home to your smoke filled cafes & frozen tundras full of soi reindeer.

Stop trolling and flaming.   There are no 'soi' reindeer.   Perhaps it's time to put down the Chang and go to bed.  

Next nasty post gets a suspension.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, survivalblue said:

Those aren't soi dogs.  

So what if they're not literally soi dogs?  Didn't you get the point the poster was trying to make?

Drug addicts aren't useful to society...should we exterminate them as well?

I'm no animal activist but you seem to have no compassion for life...

Edited by mgthom63

44 minutes ago, mgthom63 said:

So what if they're not literally soi dogs?  Didn't you get the point the poster was trying to make?

Drug addicts aren't useful to society...should we exterminate them as well?

I'm no animal activist but you seem to have no compassion for life...

I'm not an urbanite.  Where I come from we have wild animals.  I have compassion for life.    But when an animal attacks a human, you shoot it.

This does spring a lot of useful thought,  I don't actually get the point the poster was trying to make no. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, survivalblue said:

I'm not an urbanite.  Where I come from we have wild animals.  I have compassion for life.    But when an animal attacks a human, you shoot it.

This does spring a lot of useful thought,  I don't actually get the point the poster was trying to make no. 

I totally understand shooting an animal when it attacks a human without provocation, is rabid or is seen to have a very high likelihood of either. 

But you said "common sense would be to exterminate a few million stray soi dogs"....on the basis that some of them might attack a human?  

Edited by mgthom63

Posted (edited)

As if the human population can't afford to lose a handful of people to this disease. It's hardly going to cause a population collapse.

I would be more concerned about trying to stamp out breading grounds for mosquito's that spread dengue fever than picking on the soi dog population.

Edited by Fish Head Soup

1 hour ago, Fish Head Soup said:

As if the human population can't afford to lose a handful of people to this disease. It's hardly going to cause a population collapse.

This is anthropomorphism at its worst. Kill humans not dogs. Please come back to earth, dogs that are not pets are meat, at best. 

As far as pet dogs are concerned if one bites one of my loved ones I request it to be put down, period. For two reasons: the owner is incompetent and the dog is aggressive.

• Like 2

This is anthropomorphism at its worst. Kill humans not dogs. Please come back to earth, dogs that are not pets are meat, at best. 
As far as pet dogs are concerned if one bites one of my loved ones I request it to be put down, period. For two reasons: the owner is incompetent and the dog is aggressive.

More likely you or your loved one antagonized or tortured the dog.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mogandave said:

More likely you or your loved one antagonized or tortured the dog.

"Antagonized", you mean I was guilty of having an unpleasant aftershave? 

"Tortured" is just laughable....

To be more factual, my little one (15 months got bitten) in the market because some mongrel thought her doughnut should be his. Cost us three trips to the local hospital. But on the bright side, my beloved wife has some moderate clout with the authorities, and the strays got removed from the market, my girls are cute and there was no problem to gather support either.

But back to the point, I guess you reckon that a 15 months infant antagonizes and tortures a hungry stray dog by eating a doughnut within his sensorial range?

Hope you can see how ridiculous your claim can be.

Edited by KiChakayan
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Many years ago I remember a rabid dog running wild through a village I was staying in near Khon Kaen. The rest of the village dogs were racing along behind it as it tried to bite chickens and anything else that moved. Villagers locked themselves indoors while men with guns chased the dog and eventually killed it.

My Ex told me she could remember in her childhood rabid people tied to a tree to die in their final days. She said they got over their aquaphobia in the final days and would scream out pleading for water before they died.

Edited by Farma
  • Sad 1

it seems everyone has a solution to this,but all your sugestions should be aimed at who is responsible ,first we have a big problem with mosquito's,then there are all the drug addicts,all the bad drivers who don't care a shit if they kill someone,[HOW MANY] now we have a big problem with rabies,has anyone sat down and done anything about it,

NO.and the answer is corruption,so this needs to be exterminated FIRST or NOTHING will change.

12 days ago we lost our beloved husky through parasite disease [we think] so we wanted to do something in his honour,

so the wife found out about a dog shelter not far away,when she got there it is home to over 200dogs,so the wife questioned the owner has your dogs been vaccinated? not one, WHY nobody has been,there so the wife told her to contact the office responsible,so she told the owner TELL THEM as if they don't know already.but as like everything else that needs to be done,ANSWER WE DONT HAVE A BUDGET.as my wife is a community worker for our mooban TODAY she has to notify how many cats and dogs are residents,dogs are no problem,BUT CATS most have no owners although they feed them.i remember back to the early 90's when a certain person started to take action against drug dealers and those responsible for supplying.did it work YES for awhile till those who screamed blue murder.about the way it was done.now dugs and user's are out of control,mosquito's out of control,as for driving NO COMMENT, and the latest RABIES is out of control.SO WHATS THE ANSWER.

• Thanks 1