laislica

Safest way to normalise high Blood Pressure 2

OP seems to indicate that blood pressure (BP) as well as pulse rate (PR) went down : my experience is that BP and  PR are unrelated...I can influence my BP with exercice and following diet but I cannot get my PR constantly higher than 60 (yes I have brachycardia)

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, laislica said:

My hart rate always ended to be high, typically 90-120

Now typically below 80 under the same conditions.

What I find interesting is that without meds, previously by BP would a difference of about 60.

so it would be say 110/170

Now the difference is more like 35

so just now I measured it as 113/79 a diff of 34

the published norm is 120/80 diff 40.

so I'm on the right track?

OP, I wouldn't get too hung up on the fine detail of systolic/diastolic pressures and the differences between them. Most blood pressure machines have a standard deviation of +/- 5. Some aren't calibrated properly for years. Provided you are below 130 on the systole, most physicians will dismiss it as not worth worrying about - particularly if you are over 70.

The most important factors in blood pressure normalisation are alcohol consumption, diet, and exercise. I am assuming you have more intelligence than to smoke. Cardiovascular exercise combined with diet and sensible alcohol consumption is the way to go.

If you need to pee 6 times a night, I'd suggest a PSA check. I have an enlarged prostate too, and I only need to pee once or twice.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

I love threads like this: page after page of nostrums carefully explained that each individual swears by. Lovely!

Indeed, this is my story which I like to share so I get feedback from others who may see problems in what I am doing.

It is not a recommendation of what anyone else should do.

What comes to mind is the 39 year old who is thin and apparently fit and drops dead on the tread mill.

He had no idea that his arteries were clogged....

On the other hand, others may like to share what has been found to work for them.

I am aware that genetically, one person's insulin may not spike after eating a particular food but it could spike in another person......

The elephant in the room may be as simple as consistently eating, and consistent over eating over time.

• Like 1

Hi ...if you can get some 'Saw Palmetto'  450mg and take one before bed time, you may well find the 6 trips a night will be drastically reduced, it works wonders on an enlarged prostate... caution if you are taking a blood thinner such as Warfarin, it will raise your INR level, so the warfarin dosage will need to be adjusted slightly lower, but you should really discuss it with your doctor if such is the case...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Cook your food with OLIVE OIL, not vegetable oil, does wonders .

1ltr around 200THB  BigC foreign food section.→ NO Cholesterol

Edited by edwardflory
more info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cosmosis said:

Hi ...if you can get some 'Saw Palmetto'  450mg and take one before bed time, you may well find the 6 trips a night will be drastically reduced, it works wonders on an enlarged prostate... caution if you are taking a blood thinner such as Warfarin, it will raise your INR level, so the warfarin dosage will need to be adjusted slightly lower, but you should really discuss it with your doctor if such is the case...

Thanks for that, I do take Saw Palmetto but in the morning with other vitamins n minerals.

I shall change that as you suggest and see if it works for me.

I take no Meds what so ever at the moment but thanks for the caution.

2 minutes ago, elnet1 said:

Beetroot is a dark red vegetable with an acquired taste that has been linked with better stamina, improved blood flow and lower blood pressure.

I love beetroot but it's hard to find where we live both in Thailand and Spain.