Jump to content
rooster59

23 foreigners arrested for drug offences on Thai party island

Recommended Posts

On 3/11/2018 at 9:05 AM, z42 said:

This is immoral. By all means arrest drug pushers who sell to kids, the vulnerable, and those who steal and rob to pay for their drugs.

 

However arresting people for having drugs in their system is simply not in the public interest (unless those are operating vehicles or dangerous / complex machinery).

 

I can't see the harm in people smoking a bit of weed or taking some tablets at a party at all. 

These cops would be better assigned elsewhere seeking real criminals 

 

Your view and of no relevance.  They are criminals breaking the law and fully deserve to be caught and punished.  Thailand like most countries around the wold view taking drugs as a crime.  Those laws have been put in place because those societies are convinced by the weight of evidence supporting the harm drugs cause. While the laws are in place these people are criminals and deserve to be treated as such.

 

The fact that you believe the law should not apply to you and your fellow junkies says a lot.  One of the biggest problems in Thailand is the the law being selective in terms of which laws are enforced and who is allowed to break the law with impunity.  It is good to see that in this case the police are doing their job for a change.  I just hope that justice is served and they are not allowed to buy their way out of their crimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

They are criminals breaking the law and fully deserve to be caught and punished.

 

I think this is a view of a close-minded person who has lived so long controlled by regulation that they have lost sight of the bigger picture.  You should punish people who do wrong things, not illegal things.

 

11 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

I just hope that justice is served and they are not allowed to buy their way out of their crimes.

 

Why?  Who benefits when they are sitting in a cell for years?  Nobody benefits.  The Thai way of paying money to absolve yourself of responsibility works okay for soft drug 'crimes'.

Edited by dfdgfdfdgs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sun Mar 11 2018 at 10:05 AM, z42 said:

This is immoral. By all means arrest drug pushers who sell to kids, the vulnerable, and those who steal and rob to pay for their drugs.

 

However arresting people for having drugs in their system is simply not in the public interest (unless those are operating vehicles or dangerous / complex machinery).

 

I can't see the harm in people smoking a bit of weed or taking some tablets at a party at all. 

These cops would be better assigned elsewhere seeking real criminals 

Defending  the indefensible.

Well done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 20 August 2018 14:01
Sponsors
×