Thaivisa Web Content Team

This Woman Rescued A Huge Spider From Drowning And People Are Like "<deleted> That"

A woman in North Queensland, Australia, has saved a huge spider from drowning in floodwaters and people are understandably freaked out.

Andrea Gofton uploaded footage to her Facebook of the arachnid clinging to thin branches above rising water. So far the video has been viewed over 30,000 times.

Gofton, who was outside a supermarket in Halifax when she spotted the spider struggling to get by, wrote on her Facebook that a branch was used to take it to a nearby dry patch.

"Others wanted to kill it, so you should thank myself and Andrew Giliberto for saving him," wrote Gofton.

Many locals identified the spider as an eastern tarantula — otherwise known as the "bird-eating" or "whistling" spider, a native to North Queensland. While not fatal to humans in most cases, they can inflict a nasty bite on dogs and cats.

Full article

On 13/03/2018 at 12:01 AM, jak2002003 said:

And this is relevant to Thailand and Thai Visa Forum how?

I guess enough that you went to the trouble of clicking on it, and posting a comment..

• Like 1

I'v rescued many an insect from my nampoo (fountain). If I video my next rescue and upload it....1..Will the video go Viral (there seems to be no shortage of people who have nothing better to do than to help "Viralate" videos)......and ...2....Will I be famous as a result?

2 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I'v rescued many an insect from my nampoo (fountain). If I video my next rescue and upload it....1..Will the video go Viral (there seems to be no shortage of people who have nothing better to do than to help "Viralate" videos)......and ...2....Will I be famous as a result?

Is viralate a word, did you make it up, can I use it ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Is viralate a word,

The English language has many words borrowed or adopted from other languages. For American English if they think a word is missing the just make one up!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 7:01 PM, jak2002003 said:

Yes, cause they tend to swim over here for holidays. I've seen Horrendous 2 legged black widows many a time in Pattaya ...............:passifier:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Is viralate a word, did you make it up, can I use it ??

It isn't a word....yet

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It isn't a word....yet

It is for me, lol

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

The English language has many words borrowed or adopted from other languages. For American English if they think a word is missing the just make one up!

like bigly

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I'v rescued many an insect from my nampoo (fountain).

So are you implying that a spider is an insect? You'll be hearing from the Arachnid Anti-defamation Web soon.

I have attempted to rescue small spiders from the bath from time to time. NB: They tend not to respond well to CPR.

Its quite a modern title "And people are like.............."

Although I am neither a pedant or a purist , I dont think headlines should contain the words "And people are like"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Actually English, and most other languages, is constantly evolving. I doubt even people in England, other than BBC announcers, sound like those in Chaucer's or Shakespeare's day. And advances in science, medicine, social media and technology  are bound to require new vocabulary.

“And gladly wolde he lerne, and gladly teche.” 
 Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales

9 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

I guess enough that you went to the trouble of clicking on it, and posting a comment..

Doesnt make it relevant though does it, Prat.

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:01 AM, jak2002003 said:

Don't read it if your not interested

No need to leave negative comments ( just another angry person that has nothing better to do than criticise others )

• Like 1