Snoozy

Flow Hive/Bee keeping

I'm thinking of buying one of those Flow Hives that are being promoted by that Australian company. Has anyone bought one here in Thailand, I'm curious as to what the duty/tax was on something like that. 

Also, just wondering if anyone could share any links that relate to beekeeping in Thailand. Not sure I want to do this, but it is something I've thought about for a very long time. Just as a hobby though, nothing more. 

I read these are not good by many sources of professional bee keepers, I won’t comment on how but just let you know to check that out. I’ve been trying to get up and going too, but I for now I really just want bees to live here to help pollination. They came here before but unluckily got damaged in a brush fire. So maybe they remember and not so keen on coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Here's a link to a thread opened recently about bee keeping. You might find some info there to help you. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 6:13 AM, surfdog said:

I read these are not good by many sources of professional bee keepers, I won’t comment on how but just let you know to check that out. I’ve been trying to get up and going too, but I for now I really just want bees to live here to help pollination. They came here before but unluckily got damaged in a brush fire. So maybe they remember and not so keen on coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, I've heard of of conflicting thought regarding those things. I really just want a beekeeping hobby, and really don't want more than one or maybe two hives, that is... if I even do it at all. I'll so more research though, and even if they prove to be "ok", I'm not sure the import tax would be worth it. It's just a thought at this point.