Tagaa

How to tell if my remote gate opener is 330 Mhz or 433Mhz

Posted (edited)

I need to buy some replacement remotes for my gate. The Guy who installed it thinks I'm an idiot & wants 800 Bt each. I have found the same type on Lazada at 3 for 474 Bt.

The replacements are offered in 330 & 433 Mhz.

330 is the EU standard, in the US they are available either way.

I put a blurb from the sellers website into google translate & it says its 371.5 Mhz, which makes no sense to me.

How do I tell from the existing remote whether it's 330 or 433 Mhz? I've already disassembled the unit and there is no indication. The numbers on mine as well as the ones offered on Lazada are the same, except for the last 2 digits. All three have different numbers for the last 2 places. The number on my chip is SMC5326P-3PBA87CA47.

The image is of my remote, if it helps.

20180317_091214.jpg

Edited by Tagaa

How did I miss that? Perseverating on the chip I suppose.

If I was flying an Eastern Airlines jet over the Everglades I think I would have just crashed, focusing to hard on a stupid light.

Thanks.

Mods please close the topic. We're done.

Yep 330 on the Crystal oscillator.

if you have a "radio amateur" living in the neighborhood they might be able to confirm if they have a "proper" radio set.

So are the replacements for bad ones or ones you lost

I would be very careful of these guys 

Hope they weren't the ones that told you they were bad

I had an auto gate man tell me that I would need a new motor (he installed original )

So I checked with Google & found out all units have a reset switch. So I went out & held the tiny reset switch down for 5 sec, until the led's flashed & all ok 

So no 18,000 bht for him 

Around here, I'm considered the tech/PC/Windows guru, but I know practically nothing. No radio guru out here, I'm afraid, that I know of, anyway.

We had a problem with the gate as well, but the remotes are just to replace one that was lost/stolen and one that stopped working. I ordered 3 from Lazada for 474 Bt yesterday. They have 7 day return, so if they don't work, back they go.

Regarding the gate motor & circuit board, we had a lightening strike close by, Wednesday night, IIRC, and I'm guessing a power surge knocked out the gate head unit. The next morning, I opened up the unit, noted the LED lights on the board were on. I clicked the remote off & on & I could hear the relays click. I removed & carefully inspected the board...no visible damage top or bottom.  I assumed it was the motor.  So we called the "guy." He replaced the board and Viola, it worked. He hit me hard for the board, so I thought no more calls for you, rip off man. I located an identical G-10 board on Lazada (love/hate  them) so next time I have a failure I'll swap in a new board before I do anything else.

BEVUP - you mentioned a reset switch. I haven't noted one on out unit. Where is yours located?

I found it by accident

You wouldn't think it was one 

It looked just like part of the circuit board

It is just a tiny black button on top of a square item on the main circuit board 

I also had the leds on but one was off which stated "S1" 

I have a heavy duty motor from Italy & was also looking on the web for a board (as the gate man said they no have)  

I don't see one on mine, but then again, I didn't see the 330 on the crystal. Do you see on here? All I see is an on/off switch.

20180318_090626.jpg

You may have to google

I could only presume if one was to turn it off for 5 sec & turn back on

By looking at the board I would look closer at P1 

P1 is a plug for a limit switch. It does not appear there is a reset switch.

By the way, I did cycle it on & off prior to removal of the board.

I appreciate the advice.

I assume you'll remember to set the new remotes up with the correct matching transmit code on the 8-pol/3-position dip switch before trying them out?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tagaa said:

P1 is a plug for a limit switch. It does not appear there is a reset switch.

By the way, I did cycle it on & off prior to removal of the board.

I appreciate the advice.

Just for my curiosity P1 jumper says says NC one side , NO the other but appears to be in the middle. Unless it is a yes or no choice.

Edited by VocalNeal

Only 2 pins.

NC (Normally Closed, jumper in place),

NO (Normally Open, jumper removed [or only covering one pin to retain the jumper for later reuse]) 

On 3/17/2018 at 1:24 PM, Tagaa said:

I need to buy some replacement remotes for my gate. The Guy who installed it thinks I'm an idiot & wants 800 Bt each.

Another thought? Does the OP know how much it costs for a new remote for a car? Thousands.  

I think it would have been easier to buy the 800 baht one the guy who installed the gate has a business to run and doesn't do it for free.