boomerangutang

over 1.5 hrs waiting at DM imm queue

the joy of  business   class

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doesn’t matter which airport the waiting times are obscene. Even the premium lanes are no longer fast track but just a bit faster. The only difference I find between the 2 airports are the IOs at DM tend to be a bit friendlier

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kannot said:

the joy of  business   class

And when did  any of the 14 airlines  who use DMK add  business class? Are you aware that DMK is for domestic and LCC international carriers?

• Like 1

I find being married to a Thai takes me through the (Thai's Only Lane), although a few months back I was in Phuket for a week without the Mrs and stood outside for an hour, and then an hour inside, absolutely appalling, and had to sort three separate que jumpers, its just not on !

A month or so back 50 mins at DMK at 05.30. When i was just about there i looked back the queue had doubled and no sight of additional immigration staff. They must have had at least a 1 hr 30m wait.

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter which airport the waiting times are obscene. Even the premium lanes are no longer fast track but just a bit faster. The only difference I find between the 2 airports are the IOs at DM tend to be a bit friendlier

The Fast Track services appear more and more attractive with each new report covering the awful state of passenger management at the Airports. 

Posted (edited)

Carry a collapsible walking stick and order a wheelchair for disembarkation from the plane. Or pay the 1050 baht for the Bangkok Airport Limousine VIP meet & greet with immigration fast track service.

Edited by Cadbury

Posted (edited)

double post

Edited by Cadbury
Double post

Are we soon to see the next 'cash-grab' where Thai Immigration suggests a 'processing' charge per passenger to cover the expense of additional immigration officers at the Airports.

We once had the 500 Baht Airport Departure Tax which was used to be paid in cash before the system was changed (not abolished) and that price was added to International Tickets. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see the departure system going backwards - what a little money spinner that would be. 

Medical Insurance charges upon entry. Additional service taxes on departure. 

• Like 1

It isn't just immigration. This was the crowd, maybe 1000 or more, trying to check in last Wednesday. I'm glad I'll only be taking hand luggage when I leave there in May. Last time I used DM for an international flight, to Singapore, it took me over an hour to check in. In Singapore when I returned I went straight up to the desk. The Thais haven't got a clue what they are doing. As so often, children in adult bodies. It's sad in a way to see so many helpless people who are as likely as not to burst into tears if you challenge them. Or sulk like a five-year old.

DM.jpg

• Like 2