BANGKOK 20 October 2018 22:58
webfact

In just two years there are 60 unexplained deaths of British nationals in Thailand: report

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:
18 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find the DM isn't blocked any more, the link in the OP goes straight through.

It must be ISP dependent then?

I see the blocked message when I click on the DM link. I'm on AIS Fibre. Surely all ISPs should be consistent?

3BB and link goes straight to the article on DM.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Unexplained deaths,I think most of them will be suicides,

according to the Police.....case closed.

regards worgeordie

In total agreement.
Its somewhat farcical for us Farangs to even have the audacity to suspect there is anything untoward with Thai Police detective work which is second to none - ie ZERO !!!

Edited by ScotBkk

22 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

hmmm.... it’s almost like farang deaths don’t count here ....innit?

They do count, but not as much as the money they spent before their demise. Even more important though is the reputation of Thailand as a safe place to visit. 

36 minutes ago, 0815 said:

Some parents should see how their "beloved good kids" behave when boozed up and in 24hours party modus !
Watch them at the islands, Pai, Vang Vieng...
Maybe some would be surprised !?

Pai is one of the best examples. So many people who’d never ridden a bike rent one and you can see those who only had an accident the next day wearing a cast, or similar.

A guy who died overdosed at the waterfall didn’t even make it into the news. He must have died of a heart attack or drowned himself.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, seancbk said:

3BB and link goes straight to the article on DM.

On my tot internet connection, I get a 303 etc. message - "this site can't be reached'.  I can view the DM, but not this article.

Are the numerous 'suicides' considered as explained deaths - or do they form part of the unexplained? 

Edited by dick dasterdly

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 0815 said:

Some parents should see how their "beloved good kids" behave when boozed up and in 24hours party modus !
Watch them at the islands, Pai, Vang Vieng...
Maybe some would be surprised !?

The Full Moon Party that feeds Koh Tao isn't Glastonbury and it's time everyone realised it.

Edited by evadgib

What about sending the Scotland Yard staffs to Thailand to study their balconies?

12 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Dangerous? You would only know that if you actually knew the percentage of those who die naturally or by suicide compared to those involved in accidents / murders, etc. I would like to see an actual breakdown of those figures relative to the ages of those who died. I doubt this information exists though. I would think many foreigners take more risks than what they would at home - here, they would ride a bike without a licence or helmet; they go swimming in the sea drunk, etc. I think it's often their behaviour that makes it more dangerous, rather than the place itself. I would be more nervous walking around London at night than I would in most parts of Bangkok. 

An FoI request might prove otherwise.

19 hours ago, seajae said:

unexplained deaths are always happening in Thailands, the right name, family, connections or money and thais can do as they please, a rape here, a death there and the police will look the other way, even allow the guilty party to trash the crime scene and evidence mysteriously disappear

Mate, we all know what happens Thailand  , as in many other countries . We have all decided to live here which I enjoy , I just think what a great life I have here despite all the things that happen here . Hope you are still enjoying the south .

Posted (edited)

Time to go back to the good old UK, guys, gets too dangerous in the LOS for you..... No need to worry, lovely Theresa and the Elite there will take care of you!! :smile:

Edited by GaryAdriaenssens
  • Sad 1

Suicide is the logical Reason for this so called unexplained Deaths. If you see the Age Range of the Victims, this is the conclusive answer. All conspirativity Theorist here, who are fishing in the Mist are that way of ridicolous.