13 minutes ago, Media1 said:

don't ever let any Thai access your phone. She can look at the floor. lol once they start that crap what you do won't make any difference. Tell her l refuse do to my personal photos are there. Sorry. But as l said l are not working here and never have. You can't be blacklisted because the goose wanted a phone which she has no authority to access.

Tell her can l.look at your personal pictures to. l want look look clowns

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Probably unlucky, and maybe, as somebody mentioned, because of his skin color.

And from reports here it seems that at land borders it's generally easier than at the airport.

My current Visa exempt history:

1. (December 2015) air

2. land

3. land

4. air

5. air

6. air

7. air

8. land

9. land

10. air

11. land

12. land

I do usually use close to the maximum number of 30 days and extended 4 of them by 30 days.

So out of about 28 months (since December 2015) i spent nearly 16 months in Thailand on Visa exempts, always for like 2-4 months at a time.

The only thing they ever said to me was that i reached the limit of 2 land border crossings for this year (and last year). Besides of this stamped straight in.

Is the O.P African American? Do these refusals happen every day?

1 minute ago, oldskoolbeatz said:

Is the O.P African American? Do these refusals happen every day?

your black your in the trenches at Thai airports

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

your black your in the trenches at Thai airports

That's what I thought. Sad truth, but are people being denied entry every day? Is there some kind of quota?

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Probably unlucky, and maybe, as somebody mentioned, because of his skin color.

And from reports here it seems that at land borders it's generally easier than at the airport.

My current Visa exempt history:

1. (December 2015) air

2. land

3. land

4. air

5. air

6. air

7. air

8. land

9. land

10. air

11. land

12. land

I do usually use close to the maximum number of 30 days and extended 4 of them by 30 days.

So out of about 28 months (since December 2015) i spent nearly 16 months in Thailand on Visa exempts, always for like 2-4 months at a time.

The only thing they ever said to me was that i reached the limit of 2 land border crossings for this year (and last year). Besides of this stamped straight in.

They are cracking down on blacks.Call BIG JOKE

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

They are cracking down on blacks.Call BIG JOKE

I am not dark, but have latino background. Some Asians say I look Indian. I will have to make myself look like whiter before meeting immigration. 

white.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Please explain

Racial discrimination is common in Thailand, and it's not taboo like it is in the west.

If you're sh*t out of luck, consider booking a quick trip to Ulan Bataar, Mongolia, not so far, same distance from Tokyo as Philippines, (another quick option), should be getting nice by now, no visa required for US passport, countryside is incredible... 

• Like 2

I got in.  :partytime2:

Damn I was paranoid. Been doing visa exempts/T.Vs back to back for almost 12 years. Longest I stayed out the country was 1 year and a half. Dressed smart, collard shirt,  comb hair,  happy smile. Had all my docs prepared just incase (cash,  flight out,  proof of income coming from overseas,  no hotel bookings though). The I.O was a lovely lady with a smile. Maybe I was lucky?? Maybe they only interogate on random days or when they are bored. I don't know. Will be using land borders from now on. Mixing up atleast 9 months stay Thailand, some months Cambodia or Vietnam or Laos. This was at Don Muang. Still feel bad for you guys who have stayed in Thailand less than me and been denied entry because of too many visa exempts or any excuse to deny.  =( My time will come lol

Edited by oldskoolbeatz
  • Like 2

Sorry for OP on this one! Hope it works out someway in your favour :) So, to the old hands at this "game", what's the state-of-play? I have just started regular entries and exits to stay with my partner in BKK: plan to leave every 28 days or so by air to Cambodia where I have some work...and always ensure that on return to the LOS I have a booked flight on from Thailand (even if it is back to Phnom Penh). I was hoping these sorts of visa runs (maybe a land crossing etc) could be relatively unproblematic but it sounds as if that's no longer the case? cheers, TM

49 minutes ago, tassieman said:

Sorry for OP on this one! Hope it works out someway in your favour :) So, to the old hands at this "game", what's the state-of-play? I have just started regular entries and exits to stay with my partner in BKK: plan to leave every 28 days or so by air to Cambodia where I have some work...and always ensure that on return to the LOS I have a booked flight on from Thailand (even if it is back to Phnom Penh). I was hoping these sorts of visa runs (maybe a land crossing etc) could be relatively unproblematic but it sounds as if that's no longer the case? cheers, TM

If you're living in Thailand get yourself a non-immigrant visa or extension of stay based on retirement or being married to Thai spouse or something similar.