Jonathan Fairfield

British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

fda70915364c07b6bc50b10b5f866665.jpeg

Image: The Nation

A British man is in police custody after allegedly kicking his wife to death in fit of rage at a house in Ubon Ratchathani.

Kevin Smitham, 51, reportedly beat his wife Kanda, 29, after he refused to have sex with him and he accused her of having an affair, Banmuang reported.

Locals said that they heard the pair arguing around 10pm on Sunday evening.

However, it wasn’t until the next morning when a local monk found the body of Ms Kanda outside the property in Det Udom district.

Smitham reportedly admitted the attack, telling police he pushed his wife to the ground, before stamping on her twice and strangling her. He then dragged her body outside, covered it with a blanket and left it there until it was discovered on Monday morning.

ks.jpg

Kanda Smitham

Despite admitting the attack he said he did not mean to kill his wife.

The couple are reportedly residents of Pattaya and have three children together.

They had been visiting Ms Kanda’s relatives in Ubon Ratchathani during Songkran.

According to her Facebook page, Kanda Smitham ran a popular fitness Facebook page with more than 28,000 followers.

Source: Banmuang

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-16
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I wonder how many will attribute this to the fragile farang ego and how many will comment on kicking someone who is down. I mean those are the things I read about when a Thai does something. Now that a foreigner does it... wonder how the comments will be.

I hope this guy rots in jail for what he has doen.

I agree 100% with your first paragraph...and there will likely be more posters complaining as to why his nationality was mentioned!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1