BANGKOK 19 November 2018 00:07
chownah

Agricultural Fairs And Shows

Was at HortiAsia and Agritechnica Asia on Thursday. It was definitely smaller than the last one I was at.

• Like 2

Was at HortiAsia and Agritechnica Asia on Thursday. It was definitely smaller than the last one I was at.
I was disappointed, too. Sima Asean and another horticultural show were better and bigger in my opinion.

Some big names missing such as Kubota, Claas, Chia Tai, CP Seeds, Pioneer, etc...

With all that big and already expensive farming equipment from Europe on show I was wondering if they are aware who is able to afford it and / or paying also that hefty import tax.
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, CLW said:

I was disappointed, too. Sima Asean and another horticultural show were better and bigger in my opinion.

Some big names missing such as Kubota, Claas, Chia Tai, CP Seeds, Pioneer, etc...

With all that big and already expensive farming equipment from Europe on show I was wondering if they are aware who is able to afford it and / or paying also that hefty import tax.

I absolutely agree with you regarding the upmarket brands. Too big, powerful and expensive for here/our pockets. 

The last time I was at it (2017? 2016? can't remember) it was spread out over two rooms and clearly divided into machinery and horticultural themes. I sincerely hope things pick up in the future and it grows, but it really should aim more at the local/regional markets and their needs/and budgets. 

I was excited to find a S. Korean tractor manufacturer, LS Mtron, offering a small 18hp tractor. It would be ideal for what I need, but according to the sales rep, it won't be distributed in T.land. Apparently tractors here are mainly used in rice paddies so the lower tractors (hight-wise that is) are deemed inappropriate for this type of work and market. I tried explaining to him that not all tractors are needed in rice paddies... Got a blank look so I left it at that... 

• Like 1

Having relocated to nowhere, between Phetchabun and Phitsanulok, does anyone know of any agro fairs coming up in the area ?

Also looking for a good agro shop, both for trees, seedlings, seeds and soil amendments, all organic.

Cheers, Chris

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 9:28 PM, djayz said:

LS Mtron

Growing brand in the us, http://lstractorusa.com/ been looking at them as an alternative to the more expensive yanmar to replace my older massey fergusons, but its hard to beat that yanmar motor, even john deere uses it in their compacts. And yes I went last year and was quite disappointed in the show, very little to be seen or purchased so i passed on going. Anything i asked about buying no distributor in thailand so what was the point of them being there.

Edited by Notagain
Correction