webfact

"Dear K. Ann - sorry I shot myself yesterday" - Italian's last note in apparent Bangkok Thong Lor suicide

"Dear K. Ann - sorry I shot myself yesterday" - Italian's last note in apparent Bangkok Thong Lor suicide

2pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

A 51 year old Italian man apparently shot himself dead in a top end Bangkok condo on Sunday night.

He left a suicide note that appeared to be to a Thai woman.

The maid found the body of Giovanni Battista Montesanti when she came to do the cleaning on Monday morning at room 198/67 on the 17th floor of a 36 story building between Sois 4 and 6 on Thong Lor, Sukhumvit 55.

Thong Lor cops were soon on the scene and found the victim in bed with his face covered by a pillow and cloth and a revolver still in his right hand. The gun was resting by the left armpit.

He was dressed all in black.

On the bedside table was the TV remote, a bottle of water, a phone, the gun's case and a note.

The note said in English: "Dear K. Ann, I am very sorry. I shot (myself) in my bedroom yesterday. I do not know if I am dead or not. I hope yes. Please call my best friend Silvio."

Contact details of the friend followed with comments that his friend would sort out the finances.

Police put it down to stress and sent the body for autopsy and attempted to contact the relatives, reported Manager.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-17

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk. 

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, johncat1 said:

It would appear even Farangs can get hold of guns easily here

yes, and they can still get a license and own one though might be more difficult now than it once was

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Blimey, that was quick.

perhaps the police have had a chance to speak to his friend who he left contact details for as well as the person he wrote the note too and they shed some light on the guys situation and mental state

• Like 1

The stress did not effect his aim unfortunately RIP another farang statistic on the list of premature endings.