Thian

Swimming pool enclosure for mozzies

In Florida they have great pool/garden enclosures against mozzies....i have never seen that in Thailand though.

Does anybody has this? Are there pro's and cons ? I would like one which lasts for decades, is that possible?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor florida swimming pool enclosure

• Like 1

In Florida they have great pool/garden enclosures against mozzies....i have never seen that in Thailand though.

Does anybody has this? Are there pro's and cons ? I would like one which lasts for decades, is that possible?

5da6db8ce5132eedf39154d8b31705f2.jpg&key=c70b26218bf91d5d1ac115c2cb21f189ac08f15a2709654d8af9d49eb501855e
I think one of the cons would be the cost.
I've been investigating roofing for green houses and there is UV and anti drip sheeting around for B2000/ 6m lengths. Probably still need an automatic green shade cloth construction under the roof. Seems discolouring after about 3 years although guarantee for longer.

Maybe try and eliminate all the mossie breeding areas around the house would be cheaper. Any pot plant base or old tires etc catch water and breed mossies.

You could try something like in the picture, continue it on and enclose in mossie net. That structure was about B40000 labour and the steel was bought in conjunction with the pool steel; probably B200000 roughly to build something like this all enclosed.20180418_081949.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

If there is Chlorine or Salt in the Water Mozzies will not breed in it.

• Like 2

I found that growing lots of lemon grass around the pool area really helps. Mozzies don't like it.

• Like 2

What are mozzies? 

Mosquitos perhaps?

What are mozzies? 
Mosquitos perhaps?
You need to travel to the higher class areas of our world to find the answer.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

To be specific yes there are 3 insect screen companies that I know of making stainless steel 

durable insect screens suitable but,,,,,,,, for big area   $$$$$$$

Yes it has to be real stainless steel or won't last long...i have some aluminium (i guess) screens in the sun but that doesn't last long, maybe 3 years or so....put that on the dogcage.

I don't care what it costs, if it lasts 20 years the costs can be divided by 20 and that's sure worth the money of sitting outside...we also had lemongrass and so but that doesn't help. We also don't have any standing water but if i sit outside within a minute i get bitten for sure. I'm tired of it and if i order a pool i want to make sure it's in a cage, together with a piece of garden and terrace.

So has anybody seen the stainless steel mozziescreens in Thailand? And can that stand 20 years in full sun?

It will work against all animals, perfect! Also fruitflies, gecko's, cats, squirrels, snakes so we can have fruittree's as well unprotected.

I just wonder why nobody has it in BKK (or outside)...i hate mosquito's but they love me.

6 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

What are mozzies? 

Mosquitos perhaps?

No yung

10 hours ago, jobwolf said:

If there is Chlorine or Salt in the Water Mozzies will not breed in it.

That is true. Also, if you keep the water pump on, mozzies will not breed in you pool, since they need the water to be still and not flowing.

Swimming pools in general are not good breeding ground for mozzies, since any slight breeze will have the surface moving and making it undesireble for them. They are generally looking for well shielded (from winds, sun  and predators) small pockets of stagnant water (like car tyres, pots, buckets and such) to breed in.

I don't know where the mozzies breed but i've never been to a place in BKK without them. Only above the 10th floor..

Upcountry i didn't see them on hills....

But even in airconditioned restaurants they bite, come in through the door i guess.

I have seen very strong anti-burglar steel mesh, that was from australia iirc, even a burglar couldn't kick it in i saw on their video. I don't need that superstrong quality but just something that lasts for some decades.

Strange that nobody has it already. I've been in 30-40 mil. baht houses with pool but also they didn't have it..what fun if you have a pool but get stung every minute.

I'll find a solution though, just saw an advertising from cooling fans (evaporationsystem) which kill mosquito's by some chemical...don't know if that's safe to use but at least there's something now.

Posted (edited)

maybe check on a florida forum what material they use??

I mean the screen

I have seen them there as well and the structure was made from wood sometimes

Edited by jumbo

Never found the need to do something like that! 

As other posters have said, mosquitoes will not breed in swimming pools anyway.

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Never found the need to do something like that! 

As other posters have said, mosquitoes will not breed in swimming pools anyway.

I don;t know where they breed but they're all over BKK...everywhere.

5 hours ago, jumbo said:

maybe check on a florida forum what material they use??

I mean the screen

I have seen them there as well and the structure was made from wood sometimes

Wood (teak or maidaeng) is very expensive now...the frame i better build from stainless steel as well i guess.

It's the screen i'm trying to find, or a company who has experience in building large enclosures from it. The screen has to be on large rolls.

Can you guys sit outside at night without any mozzies? In Singapore i also didn't see any mozzies, don't know why that is.