tomster

Dealing with the 4 Thai staff rule when you only need 1 or 2...

Ok, so a situation faced by many people here is wanting to operate a company legally but not being able to fulfill the 4 Thai staff requirment to get the extension to stay on their visa.

I know that if you are on a marriage extension they will sometimes reduce it to 2, but I'm lucky enough to not be married.

So, how are people dealing with this? I don't mean by lying about it, there must be work arounds within the rules that people use, otherwise a lot of start ups simply wouldn't or couldn't happen?

Thanks in advance.

Many people with a similar problem to yours get multiple entry non-b visas to stay here. They have to leave and re-enter the country every 90 days for a new entry.

I think the main problem you have though is getting the required work permit but some work permit offices are not strict about the 4 Thai employees requirement.

• Like 1

You can hire 2-3 dummies, pay them minimum salary by doing nothing or drivers, cleaners etc.

Those startups can apply special BOI or investment privileges asuuming they are in the correct field.

Yeah we don't qualify for BOI unfortunately. Always worried that there will be spot checks and find that you have only 1 real staff in the building, could be awkward.

Another question, a visa agent in Chinag Mai told me something about not having to employ the 4 Thai staff full time, some could be part time to reduce the social fund as long as the 3 months previous to the extension were fully paid up with full time salaries.

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

Yeah we don't qualify for BOI unfortunately. Always worried that there will be spot checks and find that you have only 1 real staff in the building, could be awkward.

Another question, a visa agent in Chinag Mai told me something about not having to employ the 4 Thai staff full time, some could be part time to reduce the social fund as long as the 3 months previous to the extension were fully paid up with full time salaries.

Does that ring any bells with anyone?
Yes that should work, as long as you have 4 employees 3 months prior to renewal or extensions.