BANGKOK 16 October 2018 16:38
khwaibah

Thai Wagyu Beef in Kap Choeng/Surin.

23 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Zero cost as this is a government sponsored and backed operation. I suggest you go back and re read.

I did read it, I wasnt asking how much your feed or the cattle cost, I was asking how much it cost to set up, what did you pay for the land, to build a barn, for the well etc. I wasnt asking you what you paid out of pocket but just for some round figures to guide me. I assume you must have some idea of what the numbers of are - were but if you dont want to help just say so. 

21 hours ago, Notagain said:

How long is a piece of string ? I know one guy cattle farmer all his life just sold all his cattle as its not worth raising them, beef prices are way too low now. But hey someone will come along soon and tell you how they are making  money doing it, they just dont keep any records of their ROI.

I wasn't asking about profit, Im trying to get a handle on how much investment it would take to start a cattle farm of around 50 head. How much land would cost, building barns, getting special feed, what it might cost per month to maintain that herd. If like Kwaibah you dont want to help me for whatever reason just say so. 

1 hour ago, dictater said:

I was asking how much it cost to set up

Post 74. "Zero cost as this is a government sponsored and backed operation." 

Edited by khwaibah

Why would anyone be interested in learning about something that it is a money losing proposition ??? Maybe you should start with a study on cattle raising ROI first.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dictater said:

I wasn't asking about profit, Im trying to get a handle on how much investment it would take to start a cattle farm of around 50 head. How much land would cost, building barns, getting special feed, what it might cost per month to maintain that herd. If like Kwaibah you dont want to help me for whatever reason just say so. 

This venture as I have said is 100% government back and sponsored. There is very little if any private funds involved. The heard that I'm associated with is about 150 head and there are 10 more within about 8 km of me all sponsored by the Department of Livestock and Development. Thats over 4500 head of cattle. There is no way I could even give you an estimation. For answers you may be looking for try this thread as you will not get that from my thread.

Edited by khwaibah