BookMan

What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

Wilfred (U.S. version) with Jason Gann & Elijah Wood. HILARIOUS!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1703925/

Ill add that to my download list. I had no idea there was an American series. I watched a few of the Australian series and it had some good laughs.

The guy (Jason Gann) who played the dog in the original Australian series is playing the dog in the US series also.

I saw les Mis at the Cinema last night.....it was ropey at parts but in the end I enjoyed it......and now I'm in love

samantha-barks-les-mis.png

Samanatha banks stole the show.

Edited by theblether
  • Like 1

I got into Tales of Para Handy on Youtube while helPing the wee lad with his homework - he had to do some geography homework about a river, and I thought comic tales of the impact of alcohol on estuarine navigation would be right on the button. Fortunately he's not so daft, so while I was distracted downloading the next episode, he could get on with his homework...

SC

@Bookman, They only aired the US version in the UK. I just bought the box set to laugh all over again but i didn't want to gamble on the Australian version in case it wasn't as good. Jason Gann steals the show.

Also, An Idiot Aboad 3: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2150623/ is hilarious.Season 3 is by far the funniest.

I have heard nothing but good things about An Idiot Abroad. Ill add that to my viewing list also.

Downton Abbey. My sister brought me the whole boxed set of there series. I cant put it down and am on course to have watched the entire 20 hours over 3 daysbiggrin.png . An intense injection of English culture, superbly crafted.

• Like 1

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty. Not that good to be honest, just fast forward, watch a couple of explosions and the finale.

Also the first episode of Utopia. A very weird (and quite violent) new series from C4.

If you watch this after the torture scenes in Zero Dark Thirty you'll wonder what all the fuss was about!

I can't say I am really watching it, but my TV has some screaming Thai Soapy where Rich People are behaving very badly.

• Like 1

Just finished watching series 5 of Dexter.Never watched anything from Dexter until a few weeks ago and now I'm hooked.Busy downloading series 6 right now whistling.gif

Some I recently watched and found good to aaaaaaaaawesome:

The Dark Knight rises (gripping end of a saga), Prometheus (probably one of the best SciFi- flics in recent years), Cabin in the woods (a VERY clever and sometimes hillarious horror movie),

Sinister (great shocker), Ted (non- PC, silly , funny), ParaNorman (big animation fan...this is the best of last year!) and Life of Pi (a movie, so beautiful, it made me cry!)