yulianammy

Self defence - personal trainer (Pattaya)

Hi, I am looking for an English speaking foreign trainer in Pattaya who can give private lessons of female specific self-defense techniques once or twice a week.

Can you recommend anybody or know where I can find such kind of coach? 

I would suggest 'Rory Coughlan' at the 313 Training Studio near the crossroads on SSCC road. He is the Manager and they have one on one, or class training every day. My daughter did well with him. You won't be disappointed.

Very skilled martial arts guy, and a very good person.  Excellent for a lady(or guy).I

Tel: 038248079 or 0951589900038-24095-158-9900 [email protected]

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

OP ... is it personal defense or martial art training you are looking for ....because they are two different skill sets  and the two do not always marry well if taught in parallel....for personnel defense you are better learning 3 or 4 really effective techniques which you can execute well . rather than martial arts which may look well in the dojo  but are not always effective in the urban environment and take several year of dedication to master to a half decent standard.. 

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Send me some pics and I will let you know if I can be of assistance.

Eyes [sharp fingernails]

Throat [1)folded fingers strike]

[2) windpipe grab]

A good snap kick to the testicles.

You have to be fast, so train repetitions.

Train for situational awareness: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

1)

image.png.736bc9812cfe83efe72cd127fb571966.png

2)

image.png.2d19ffa8e18c733b5cb49afdce9fe8ed.png

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

Eyes [sharp fingernails]

Throat [1)folded fingers strike]

[2) windpipe grab]

A good snap kick to the testicles.

You have to be fast, so train repetitions.

Train for situational awareness: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

1)

image.png.736bc9812cfe83efe72cd127fb571966.png

2)

image.png.2d19ffa8e18c733b5cb49afdce9fe8ed.png

No ...know your environment....listen to your gut if it doesn't feel right run and scream  and keep running  and keep screaming attackers do not like publicity 40 kg girl will never win  with all the training in the world against a 80kgs rapist ..

6 minutes ago, banglay said:

No ...know your environment....listen to your gut if it doesn't feel right run and scream  and keep running  and keep screaming attackers do not like publicity 40 kg girl will never win  with all the training in the world against a 80kgs rapist ..

I completely agree. In fact, I considered addressing the PC fallacy that men and women are equal in all areas.

Cheers

Surprised there is a work permit for this.  Not impressed by the videos on  the website.  Looks like a bad dance choreography.  Better off to go to a local Muay Thai place that also speaks english.

15 hours ago, thainet said:

I would suggest 'Rory Coughlan' at the 313 Training Studio near the crossroads on SSCC road. He is the Manager and they have one on one, or class training every day. My daughter did well with him. You won't be disappointed.

Very skilled martial arts guy, and a very good person.  Excellent for a lady(or guy).I

Tel: 038248079 or 0951589900038-24095-158-9900 [email protected]

Thank you for your advice, I hope it will work for me too. 

14 hours ago, banglay said:

OP ... is it personal defense or martial art training you are looking for ....because they are two different skill sets  and the two do not always marry well if taught in parallel....for personnel defense you are better learning 3 or 4 really effective techniques which you can execute well . rather than martial arts which may look well in the dojo  but are not always effective in the urban environment and take several year of dedication to master to a half decent standard.. 

It is definitely personal defense training, that I am looking for. The only purpose of this training is to learn how to defend myself in critical situation. It's not about martial arts or looking good. It's about how to stay safe. 

Problem, without regular practice, it is totally useless.

at the various talat nat/ local market you can often find spray to buy,

then figure out how to draw that spray fast and reliably,

with the exit of the bottle always pointing in the direction you intend.

another way, or perhaps combined, is to have a small portable alarm

you can set off in a heartbeat, i'm sure they are for sale somewhere,

perhaps on internet.

6 hours ago, poanoi said:

at the various talat nat/ local market you can often find spray to buy,

then figure out how to draw that spray fast and reliably,

with the exit of the bottle always pointing in the direction you intend.

another way, or perhaps combined, is to have a small portable alarm

you can set off in a heartbeat, i'm sure they are for sale somewhere,

perhaps on internet.

LOL....but you must first ask your attacker to wait for a few seconds, while you lick your finger and hold it in the air to check the wind conditions, so you don't accidentally spray yourself!